Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
I have been reading this board for awhile, and by reading current posts and doing searches, have found answers to all my questions. Just deleted a question that was STOOPID! once I thought about it. haha This is a tremendous vacation planning tool, just love reading it. Also have laughed alot, you folks have a great sense of humor, as well as so much knowledge of AC. Bless you for sharing. We will be arriving 3/29 for our first visit to your beautiful island. We are staying at Playa Blanca, as we wanted a dedicated, and quieter, dive resort. Not to say we won't have us a good time in SP. I am looking forward to taste testing rum punches, belikin, and pantie rippers, and checking to see if there are any boarders to meet up with. I know Gaz reads this board, so now he has been warned! wink Hope to bump into a few of you! smile

Well, that explains what happened!! I was sending my long winded reply when zap!! A big fat error message.

It wasn't that stupid a question. Other than from the perspective of what will be will be, why worry? Worrying is not the Belizean holiday way.

But if you are prone to mal de mar and the seas are a bit rough, I highly recommend that you take something for it before you set out. Gaz sets his guests up with Amigos del Mar on their Pro48 for that trip. It is the most comfortable ride I've had out to the Hole in any weather conditions. Now having said that, I must caution that this boat has more sideways roll than the smaller ones that they used to take out.

The last time I was out, conditions did happen to be rough and we had a couple of chummers on the boat. If you know that you are predisposed to this problem, I also suggest giving some consideration to bringing your own barf bag. Not to put too fine a point on it but it can get kind of crowded over by the garbage can.

Now don't worry about anything more, except maybe what you might pack. Gaz and Andy will take very good care of you and you are going to have the vacation of your life. No doubt you will be as intrinsicallly changed as many of the rest of us.
Chill.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

OP Offline
Thanks SS for not getting too graphic! wink For those wondering, the question deleted was, do Blue Hole trips still go even if there is a stronge chop around AC? I recently read that April can get very windy. As SS said, why worry about it, and that is exactly why I thought it was a stoopid question! Thanks for taking the time to answer SS, and I will dutifully take my anti-chumming meds as you suggest! :p CANNOT WAIT!

DB - what part of the buckeye are ya from?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
OP Offline
klc, right smack dab in the heart of it all - just east of Columbus. GOOOOOOOO BUCKS!!!
Was there EVER any doubt? laugh

You are going to have a great time!! The best weather and smoothest seas I have ever experienced down there were during a trip taken in mid-April. There are no guarantees anytime. Just ask those of us that have been down there in the past couple of months. The weather was mostly horrible but we still had a great time.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

DB IM ABOUT AN HOUR NORTH EAST OF COLUMBUS. WE ARE PRETTY CLOSE TO EACHOTHER. CARRIE laugh

Hi DBDOBERMAN,
I have been reading the message board for a couple of months, also. I have found the information to be so helpful and very amusing...
Will be arriving 25Mar and also staying at Playa Blanca for 10 days. Always nice to stay slightly removed from the hustle and bustle, after all it IS a vacation and I love my "down time"...
I'm sure we will run into you there! "Till then try to stay warm! (I know I wont!)
PS-Just curious...Do you breed Doberman's?

OP Offline
Carrie, we are practically neighbors, I know where Wooster is! When are you next going to AC?

Lizzard! I will surely see you around at Playa Blanca! So nice to learn not only is one of the boarders going to be visiting same time as me, but at the same resort! Look forward to meeting you! smile

Nope, do not breed dobies, just have one who is best friend!

Lizzard! you get your hair done by the same stylist as NYGal!!! wink

Hey Buckeyes!

I know where both Wooster & Columbus are. Born, bred and rasied just south of Wooster in the Amish country & bought my first home there. Went to school at OSU - GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BUCKEYES -
and lived in jock dorm the last time we won the Nat'l title.

Will be on AC March 6 - 19, maybe leaving a couple days early for a possible biz trip to Italy......either place which will be more pleasant than the frozen tundra from where this is written.

enjoy your stays on AC !

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.