Next Thread
Print Thread
#62681 02/07/03 10:42 PM
M
MBraley Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi Everyone,

Have been lurking here for most of the afternoon... what an entertaining group you are laugh I'm suffering from cabin fever... just moved from Florida to Michigan this year... have lived in the south for 22yrs. Having a dreadful time with the winter... dislike it intensely just as much as I did years ago... sun has shone maybe 3 times since the end of November... not joking. I occationally read international newspapers and segued onto your island. I guess I have Marty to thank for bringing some sunshine into my life today... have not been feeling well lately. As I began to surf this site and view the charming island photos this great calypso??? Latino/Regae music began to play cool I just cranked the volume on the speaker and began dancing around the desk and feeling great. Was momentarily living just a little vicariously in Paradise. Fun... laughed a little. After spending some time in the forum I realized that all in not utopian in paradise. Sandfleas/flys, some poverty, minimal employment opportunities, etc. Those who frequent this board give an eclectic mix of views to glimpse island life. Guess I won't buy my one-way ticket today... smile Maybe someday I'll come visit... I'm sure this is what God had in mind when He thought of beautiful. Be safe and prosperous...

Mbraley

The grass is always greener..........

Jim
I grew up in Michigan ...... and got out as soon as I could. A nice trip around the lakes in September when the colors are turning is perfect. In this case, I believe that the grasses really ARE greener in Belize ..... Michigan's color spectrum is now almost exclusively white, green and gray. You have my sympathy!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOO OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!! wink
This is a great board isn't it? you said it very well. Cannot wait to experience all that AC has to offer.

D
D
MBraley,
We live in Michigan and love it. Of course it makes it that much sweeter when you can get away in the middle of winter from a cold place. We plan our trip in October and have something to look forward to. And Lake Michigan is almost an ocean, but w/fresh water. I also love being so close to Chicago. My wife and I met in school in Tampa and decided to move back to Michigan. I would say if you can, plan a getaway, but dive in and enjoy all you have right now. A fireplace is much nicer when it's cold out. I must admit that 80 and sunny fits the bill nicely as a midwinter escape.

Couldn't help adding my Michigan 2 cents. Yes its downright frigid today, BUT the sun IS shining and I too love it here (why else would I stay). Surrounded by the great lakes and Canada. I do have to admit that usually by the end of February/early March I tend to plan a tropical vacation to take a break from the cold then I'm ok until spring hits. Also planning my next AC vacation this year but with my 5 year old son and hope to stay at least 2 weeks.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 356 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.