Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#62894 02/12/03 05:19 PM
L
L
Short, Pardon my ignorance but I don't get how you get around this. Since all my advertising and guidebook listings have my btl address how can I change my email address without losing all my inquiries?? Can my email be automatically forwarded to a new account?? Thanks for your advice because I have had it with btl!

#62895 02/12/03 05:25 PM
L
L
Marty,
If you could do an emergency note on the homepage of ambergriscaye.com to tell everyone that btl has lost hundreds of email and to try again it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks, Lori
tried to send this to your email but now the outgoing mail server won't work!!!!

#62896 02/12/03 05:30 PM
L
L
3:30 p.m. cst ....email access is out again. please send email for Changes in Latitudes B&B Inn to [email protected] and I promise a prompt response!

#62897 02/12/03 05:30 PM
OP Offline
Lori

I also use Yahoo and pay for the service and I download my btl mail onto my yahoo account over the next months I am slowly moving people to use my yahoo address as it much more reliable.

You can program any yahoo account to download your btl mail just go into the options area and do it from there.

I started switching a while back but [email protected] has been around for years as has yours and it will take a long time for it to change over to a new account especially as we have adveritsing out there for years with our btl address on it.

Best regards

Gaz

#62898 02/12/03 06:22 PM
S
S
Yahoo now offers low cost paid accounts (the free accounts can get overloaded quickly because of the storage limitations, all it takes is a few photos to put you over the limit.)
I recommend the British version of Yahoo (www.yahoo.co.uk) because they have stricter rules on spam and don't sell your email address to everybody in the world like the US Yahoo does.
You can use your regular email programs (Outlook, etc.) with the paid version and you can have it forward your incoming mail.

For people who might be looking into sharing a business class satellite dish with a few others, there's a new fixed wireless distribution system put out by Motorola called Canopy: http://205.243.239.12/#
I am looking into this for Panama.

Those of you who are Belizean citizens and complaining about the lousy service and high prices that the government-enforced monopoly inflicts on you might want to remember this issue when you vote. There is a slate of independent candidates running for various seats and one of their issues, if I'm not mistaken, is putting an end to these awful monopolies (including duopolies) and supporting free enterprise and free competition in telecommunications. (It would sure create a lot of good jobs for Belizeans too...)

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
#62899 02/12/03 07:54 PM
I don't get how you get around this. Since all my advertising and guidebook listings have my btl address
latitides, I started the proces a year ago, also kept my btl adress, just added a new adress in my mail browser. All new advertising is with the new adress, and I keep pulling out the btl adress of web advertisements. Still after a year sometimes receive mails on my btl adress; they get a nice (standard) mail saying that the adress has been changed, but that we received the mail. Only send with your new adress (to make sure that you don't accidently send from btl, I sabotaged it by entering a wrong smtp server adress). I guess it'll take me at least two more years before the btl adress has been forgotten.

Live and let live
#62900 02/12/03 08:05 PM
We also have a Public Utilities commission, who will take complaints, you can download the complaint form at: http://www.puc.bz/publications/Complaint%20Form.doc
I always do that, or I send it e-mail: [email protected] or [email protected] (see, they did the same thing!).

Live and let live
#62901 02/13/03 01:57 AM
We're down again; I left 4 hours ago and just came back, after just three phone calls to btl found out that the mail server is down for a while now, and it will probably take a while before it's up again; they advised me not to wait for it and try again tomorrow.

Live and let live
#62902 12/29/03 10:14 AM
StarBand remains working in Belize but the newer model DiRECWAY 6000 will now provide a better service. The DW6000 system is now $2000 US installed, and cost is $59/month + tax.

For questions regarding the Direcway, Starband, or SkyBlue products please visit the forums at www.dbstvforum.com and click on "Internet Via Satellite outside USA"

DBS Forums for Belize

Contact Lorne or Julian at [email protected] for more information (located in San Pedro)

Mel Berry
Houston Media Systems
www.dbstv.com
#62903 12/29/03 11:35 AM
One good service offered by BTL e-mail is an automatic answer function. You can go into the "vacation message" site, write your own message and presumably it goes out to every sender immediately. You could try using that function - have an auto message that says "address has been changed to ____"
Can't hurt to try - OR have an auto message that says if they don't get a reply in 24 hours, please call you on the phone, and offer to deduct the call from their lodging bill if they choose to stay with you?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.