Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#62980 09/14/03 07:49 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I will be in AC 10/2 to 10/9. Can anyone suggest someone/somewhere to take me on a 1/2 or full day reef or bay fishing? Which area is best this time of year? What can I expect to catch if they are biting? What about costs? Is equipment included? Thanks for any guidance.

#62981 09/14/03 08:37 AM
joel see my post sept fishing report ,you can call me toll free 1 800 231 7447 will chit chat fishing ,but the time to goes is almost anytime ,the reef does better on not windy days go to fishingsanpedro.com web site he is my capt .his name is capt bicho he is a great guy ,and knows the waters like the back of his hand you will catch fish ,and the cost is vey low .you will get many people who will recomend there guy and all are good ?? but I go down each month to fish and this guy is wonderful will be down 16 of oct my self just got back .. he has all the gear .try capt bicho at fishingsanpedro.com all you need is adventure he will supply the action and instruction ... tight lines to ya good fishing

Living The Dream Every Day!
#62982 09/14/03 05:08 PM
capt. jeff...just checked out the fishingsanpedro site....
sounds like a very good deal...
how easy do you think it would be to find two other people at any given time to go out on one of the fishing trips to lessen the cost?

does he ever make those kind of arrangements? or would we have to be lucky enough to find another couple who wanted to fish while we're there?

we're not hard core fishermen...but would love the experience...

#62983 09/15/03 08:02 AM
mikell when are you going ???and where are you staying ?? you should meet lots of folks who will spit a charter 4 people comes to $50 us per person ,inc soda ,water ,tackle ,instruction you do not even bait your hook ,the mate does .. service like a king and queen ,they will clean and filet yor catch for one or two dinners ..so it is a real deal ..or have him dive for some lobsters for you ,you can do a snorkel ,fishing combo.very much fun you also can call me toll free 1 800 231 7447 ask for jeff I will share some info with you enjoy

Living The Dream Every Day!
#62984 09/15/03 09:38 AM
thanks for the kind offer of more info and advice...may take you up on that.

we are still in the planning stages...have to make up our minds on date and place very soon.

looks like the last week in february...and considering banana beach as our first choice.

we are mostly interested in snorkeling...but we love to fish (lake ontario) and if we could hook up with another couple would be most tempted to do a fishing day as well...can't beat that price and the operator sounds great.

i would gladly forego one day of snorkeling for the experience of ocean fishing...and the lobster lunch...my mouth is already watering...tho, my husband won't eat any seafood...he catches fish...i eat them!

i'll post more when we have some firm plans and will be looking for others who may want to share a charter...

thanks...

#62985 09/15/03 12:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Mikell,
Not sure if I asked you before or not... where are you from? I too LOVE Lake Ontario. I lived in Toronto for a while and was a tour guide in Niagara Falls for 4 years. (Have you done the Jetboat trip thru the lower rapids???? AWESOME!!) Take care!
Cheerz,
Vicki

#62986 09/15/03 12:42 PM
G
G
Mikell, you better schedule your trip for early Feb. because lobster season ends Feb. 15th and you can't get lobster anywhere when it's not in season. That happened to me on my first trip.

#62987 09/19/03 10:04 AM
vickie are you the maid of the mist? cool
do you ever go back to toronto? we used to frequent a place on younge street called the golden nugget. ever heard of it? you could shake your bootie laugh all night long there.
gay

#62988 09/19/03 11:13 AM
Mississippi,

You can also check out the "Reef Adventures" pier for fishing trips. There are two boat captains their named Vince and John that are very good. They also do other stuff like tours and dives.

The pier is located just south of the Blue Tang Resort.

Just got back from there (17 days of heaven) and had a blast!!!

(trip report and photo's to follow!)

I would sugest that you bring your own gear...including line, hooks, sinkers...you know...everything but the bait!!! I stocked up and left alot of my stuff there when I came home. (except my rod and reel) Renting gear can get expensive, that is, if they even have any to rent.

Enjoy!!!

One Barrel and Sprite.....It doesn't get any better than that!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.