Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#63110 02/15/03 07:51 PM
OP Offline
I know this has been asked before, with Mondays and Fridays being the best days to miss the crush of cruise ship folks. I was going to set up a Monday trip to Lamanai, and Sandy at SeaRious emailed me that BC is getting cruise ships almost everyday, but that they do try and work around them. Do you think Mondays and Fridays are still the best bet? Thanks smile

For the trip to Lamanai, I would recommend booking thru Tropic Air Tours. They will provide a small airplane and you will depart at 7:30am - arriving at Orange Walk at about 8am. By taking this flight in the morning, you will arrive at Lamanai a about 9:30 (you will have about a 1.5 hour boat trip on the New River,where the guides will point out the flora and fauna of the river), but most importantly, you will arrive BEFORE the cruise ship tourists and your tour will be nearly complete when they arrive. We were given a nice lunch before returning. Your pilots will probably accompany you throughout your trip and have you back to AC by 2pm. BTW this way you will miss out on several hours on a boat across the bay to Corazol Town and then up the river to Orange Walk. Definitely worth the extra cost (about $35 extra per person).

But I am sure that you will enjoy your tour either way.

Not corrazol town but Bomba.

Also the weekends are a good time to do the mainland trips. Searious is a great outfit.

O
O
I do all my tours with Searious, I have also found them to be the best. I also never encountered alot of cruise ship traffic when I went on these tours.
Jackie

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 154 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.