Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#63565 02/25/03 08:59 PM
B
OP Offline
B
We're going to Belize the first week of July and I've been looking at the Victoria House website. Has anyone stayed there or know anything about it? I've never been to Belize before.

Its very nice, excellent rooms, beautiful new pool, very nice grounds with nice row of palms right along the beach... dive shop right there. nice kayaking area, great bar with the best frozen limeades that ever touched my lips. I'm jonesing for one thinking about it.

they will take very good care of you.

here's a few pics...

//AmbergrisCaye.com/wallpaper/art/victoriabeachsm6.jpg
//AmbergrisCaye.com/wallpaper/art/DayPoolVICTORIA-W6.jpg
//AmbergrisCaye.com/wallpaper/art/NightPoolLGW6.jpg
//AmbergrisCaye.com/wallpaper/art/victoriahouse_drivesm6.jpg
//AmbergrisCaye.com/wallpaper/art/docknice3sm6.jpg

D
D
We stayed there 3 years ago (before the pool) and it was nice. We stayed at Xanadu this year and had a good time but went over to Victoria House for the killer club sandwich at their bar/restaurant. I've heard the food has gotten much better although we enjoyed it then. It's a couple of miles from town. I think you'll really enjoy it. One afternoon we had a guy named Pancho (from the dock service) take us fishing/snorkeling and had a ball. You'll really enjoy yourselves. And the new pool is beautiful.

B
OP Offline
B
Any particular reason that you switched from Victoria House? Also how is the food. Do they have good fishing guides?

Excellent Fishing guides (The Bradley Brothers). I have heard mixed reports on the food lately.

We stayed there last June.

Had a wonderful time. Very relaxed. Grounds are lovely.

here's my trip report

//ambergriscaye.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=004907

and some photos
http://homepages.nyu.edu/~pmf2

T
T
pimp palace

D
D
We switched because of $$. Jenny from Capricorn Travel recommended it and she had originally set us up at VH our first trip. Xanadu only has 10 rooms and is a nice little spot. I believe the fellow who owns Victoria House has a place at Xanadu. It's also about 10 minutes closer to town by foot w/free bikes & kayaks. VH is much more "refined" I guess. We liked them both. Another kind of upscale looking place was Banyon Bay, they had good food too. Xanadu has a full kitchen which was nice, but the grounds are much smaller. It was a great place to take trips from and had a nice pool.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 112 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.