Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#63724 02/27/03 11:17 AM
OP Offline
Howdy! Long time no post, but I lurk often!

My husband and I are coming back to AC for our anniversary this year (we were married on AC in 2001). I'm soooooo excited!

Has anyone ever bought a trip on E-bay? I just won an auction for a 7 night stay at a luxury condotel (I believe it's Banyan Bay, at least that's what the pictures on E-bay indicate) for $200! Is this too good to be true? It seems legit, and I checked out the seller - all great reviews.

Anyone else have experience with bidding on trips on E-bay? I'm afraid we'll get to AC and they'll put us in some tin shack.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Jennifer,

If you just got a week at Banyan Bay for $200, you've just made the best deal of the year. What time of year is it for? Mid-Sept to mid-Oct can be a little dicey.

I'm gonna go to e-bay and look for myself.

OP Offline
Hey, choochoo. The trip is good any time between March 6 2003 - March 6 2004, excluding Dec. 1 - Jan. 14, I believe. We will be there late August (the week before Labor Day). We got married Labor Day weekend, so it's our anniversary trip!

Hve you asked the seller what property it is on AC? I remember when you got married there 'cause SWMBO and I were there at the same time "keeping an eye on the inn". I guess I need to fix that screen door since the invite must have blown out. Just Kidding!

OP Offline
Man, you should have come to the wedding, silly! We would have loved to have you.

E-bay didn't say what hotel. The pictures and description was definitely Banyan Bay, though. I sent an e-mail to the seller asking what the name of the property was. I'll let you know when I hear back.

If you really want to do this right, go back to e-bay travel, put in "belize" and scroll down to the two USAir roundtrip tickects for $725. Our traveling compananions just paid $525 on USAir for March. There ya go, a week in BZ for less than a $1000, airfare included.

OP Offline
Actually, we're using frequent flyer miles, so we're going to have a REALLY cheap vacation! More Belikins for me! cool

OP Offline
FYI:
I contacted the seller of the trip, and she confirmed it is Banyan Bay where we will be staying. I'm SO excited!

good deal Turnbun!

BTW, Skyauction is partenreing with Ebay - is that one of the deals you got?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
I was reading this thinking what a good deal! (The airfare part) BUT! if it's part of skyauction, it may or may not be a good deal. You might win an auction for $200 that ends up costing $500 or more, depending on where you fly from, extra cost for weekend travel, & SA's healthy fee. In my case, I could book it on my own for practically the same amount, and without the hassle.

Happy Anniversary Turnburn, have a wonderful trip! smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 379 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.