Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Need help picking a place to stay. Should we do an all inclusive? Or are there alot of restaurants in San Pedro? Should we stay close to town or out farther? Which place has best beach?

Any info would be helpful. Also, is December a good time to go or not?

I would not do all inclusive, too many great reataurants.

Stay in town, to enjoy all the local flavor, much fun.

Beaches, hm, most resorts all their grounds are sand that runs to the sea. Even the streets are sand in town, except a stretch by the airstrip. Seawalls at some, prevent walking into the water, but walk to the end of their dock, and swim or snorkel with ease.

After saying all that, if you just truly want to kick back, and relax then do a resort further out of town.

Most pick one for first vacation to Ambergris, then switch for second vacation.

Dare To Deviate
S
S
Personal preference is 10-15 minute walk from town and not all inclusive. Our favorite is Caribbean Villas Hotel. South of town, quiet area, nice beachwalk to town, only 10 suites/rooms on 3 acres of land with bird sanctuary, gardens, free bikes, 300 foot pier with swimming/snorkeling area, hammocks, lounges, grills. They have over 300 feet of great beach that is groomed daily. The staff has been with the Villas long-term and they love the guests, providing great personal service. All suites/rooms are beachfront with full sea and reef views; suites have kitchens. Ask for discount from posted prices if you book directly. CV does not accept commissions from guides or tour companies, so you get objective recommendations and bookings and in some cases lower prices. The owners live on the property and are involved in the day to day operations. CV has an arrangement for diving with Amigos del Mar, recommend you ask them about the special rates. AdM will pick you up at the CV dock for all your dives. There are plenty of wonderful restaurants north of town, south of town and in town. December is usually a very comfortable month. There is the risk of US cold fronts dropping in that month for a few days at a time, but the town is on the leeward side of cold front winds so it's still usually nice in the front after the showers pass. Recommend you take at least one set of warm clothes and rain jacket, just in case. The second half of December fills up early and quickly for hotel bookings at the most popular places. Wherever you stay, we think you will always cherish your first AC trip - happy time!

OP Offline
Thanks for the info......Is the food expensive?

No

Dare To Deviate
O
O
Banana Beach would be my choice. It is located about 3/4th mile from town. It has two pools, a restaurant, bar,on site travel shoppe, suites and hotel style rooms.The beach is very well maintained. The staff is excellent, it would have everything that one would need for there first trip to the island.
The restaurants on the island are excellent,so not, I would not go all inclusive.
Jackie
Belizean Paradise

Can't go wrong with Banana Beach, especially for your first visit. We stayed there for three weeks straight our first visit, and it was great every which way. Can't wait to get down to the new restaurant and pool. Its a real bargain too for the lovely condos, grounds, and STAFF.

M
M
Have you noticed, we all have our "pet" places! Well, here I go with mine again! I would highly suggest you don't go to an all-inclusive. That gets really boring, really quickly. I would also highly suggest you do not go past the split (Boca del Rio)to the North, where you are trapped after 8:00 p.m., unless you take a boat that begins to be expensive after a few trips. I am in love with the same place my husband and I have been going to for over 9 years. That's the Paradise Resort Hotel. Check their site. It doesn't do it justice. It is a huge piece of property, with thatched roof cabanas ringed around it, all covered in sand, with wonderful flowers everywhere. It has wood beach furniture (a lot nicer than sticky plastic), a nice palapa restaurant and bar. The bar does close early, but you're only minutes walk from the rest of the bars in SP if that is of interest. You can reach them at [email protected]. Tell them Marie said 'Hi'. It's to the near north end of the town, so quiet when you want it to be, but only minutes walk to the activities. No pool. But most pools on AC are pretty useless if you really are a swimmer. Very shallow and tiny. You can swim off their dock. There are even stairs there. It doesn't have a beachy, beach (there's a narrow breakwall) but just a few feet away on either side are beaches. It really is the place most like the old AC. The staff is wonderful, and if they know it is a special occassion, they will do the most wonderful things. Our bed had a huge heart on it Valentine's Day this year made of red bouganvillea brachts. On my birthday, 2/21, we came in to find the room covered in ballons, with more flowers than usual (they put in fresh flowers every day), and my favorite meat and chicken pies from the palapa (say hi to Pina for me, too!). Trust me, this isn't a hotel, this is a home away from home. My favorite room is Villa 3...It has a huge bed, and a twin bed (great for holding luggage). There is also an impecciably clean kitchenette, breakfast bar, large round glass table and chairs, and TV. It has a fan and A/C. The porch has a table (sadly plastic)and is covered in bouganvillea and hibiscus. Sigh! I miss it. We just left after 19 days last Tuesday. That room runs a mere $130. Other rooms go down, I think, to as little as $78. No kitchen for that, of course. A former favorite was 5B or 6B. Not sure of the price for those. Its right on the water, beautifully landscaped, and the nicest people. If you really want the best of Belize, try this! Have a great time!

My place is SunBreeze Hotel.

Dare To Deviate
M
M
Hi Chloe! Well, God knows, all of us who love AC love it for what it means to us individually. For me, the Sunbreeze is too noisy..too many package deals and a loud bar (not this year - everyone has been slow). But, that's what makes us all interesting. I like the quiet of the Paradise Resort Hotel. I'm an early riser, and I can sit on my porch and read at 4:00 a.m. in perfect peace and comfort. I like walking up to the split to see the sunrise. Always have felt safe. Its a great place we all love, no matter what hotel suits our needs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.