Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#64476 03/10/03 11:51 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Has anyone stayed at either the Paradise Villas in San Pedro or The Villas at Banyan Bay? Banyan Bay looks gorgeous but it would be nice to have some input about these two places. Thanks!

#64477 03/11/03 12:32 AM
M
M
I really am on a mission about my favorite place, right next to Paradise Villas. I'm incredibly fond of the Paradise Resort Hotel. I did have to go to Paradise Villas once, when Paradise Resort was full. They were very comfortable rooms. The pool, like most in AC is short and shallow. But it has fresh water, so that was nice. The rooms are large, spacious and nice. We stayed at the back of the complex, and it was very noisy. Be sure to book closer up front. Re Banyon Bay, it looks nice. Never stayed there. If I can't lure you into my favorite place, I'd say stay at the Villas. You are close to town and don't have to waste time and money on taxis. Have a great trip!

#64478 03/11/03 01:07 AM
Ms Sharon, I don't think you can really compare Paradise Villas and Banyan Bay. It's apples and oranges really.

Tell us what you want, need, desire, budget, space requirements and maybe we can help you better.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#64479 03/11/03 09:01 AM
We always stay at Paradise Villas, nice place and laid back, very pretty and serene. The beachfront and poolside rooms are best, I can see where the "garden" rooms at the back might be kind of noisy backing up against the street. I would not hesitate to recommend PV to anyone.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
#64480 03/11/03 10:37 AM
I've stayed at Villas at Banyan Bay and have toured several of the units at Paradise Villas but haven't stayed there.

They are both good places, but Banyan Bay is more upscale, with much bigger units (1,000 sq. ft or so). To me the Paradise Villas two-bedroom units are pretty small. Banyan Bay has two bedroom units only, with two full baths (one has a whirlpool), full A/C, beautiful kitchen and living room area (high ceilings are paneled with tropical hardwoods). Also a bigger pool and a nicer beach.

But from Paradise Villas you are closer to restaurants, bars, shops in town. Banyan Bay is about 1 1/2 miles south of town, and I wouldn't stay there without having a golf cart.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#64481 03/11/03 01:28 PM
W
W
We just came back from a week at Banyan Bay and loved it. We traveled with two young kids (4 and 8) and it was the perfect place. The beach seems to be one of the nicer ones on AC. The units are very, very well done with lots of room and nice furnishings. The grounds are beautiful and it is just far enough out of town to be quiet but not be that far of a walk. We did rent a golf cart for the week to make it easier to get around with our kids.

Having a full kitchen, living room, etc was key with children. We were able to eat in for breakfast and lunch and go out for dinner.

We found Rico's (the restaurant on-site) to be pricey and good, but not great. We ended up heading into to town most nights, which was fine with us. Our favorite place to eat was Mikey's on the middle street in town.

The pool also was perfect for our kids, with one half being shallow and the other half being deep. The two halves were connected by a little waterfall set up.

We also splurged a got a beachfront unit. The beach was literally five steps from our front door and the breeze of the ocean meant we never had to run the air conditioning.

I agree it depends on what you are looking for. For what we were looking for it was great. In fact it was all so perfect that my wife and I are suffering from a mean case of the post vacation blues.

It was pricey but we found it was well worth it.

#64482 03/11/03 10:16 PM
J
J
Originally posted by Ms Sharon:
Has anyone stayed at either the Paradise Villas in San Pedro or The Villas at Banyan Bay? Banyan Bay looks gorgeous but it would be nice to have some input about these two places. Thanks!
Ms Sharon- we just booked at Banyan Bay. They have a great special right now for summer. Just check out their website

#64483 03/12/03 11:57 AM
My wife & I will be at Banyan Bay in 17 days, and staying from 3/29 thru 4/6. I will definitely be writing a full trip report upon our return. I have visited tons of websites looking for any & all info regarding Banyan Bay, and I honestly haven't found a single negative comment anywhere about this resort, and believe me, I looked!! Look for my report around March 10th or so, it will be very detailed.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 169 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.