Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#64498 03/11/03 02:41 PM
M2B Offline OP
OP Offline
We were wondering if we should bring our own snorkel equipement or rent it there in AC? We will be renting a house with a dock for the week we are there, but it is hard to say if we will be snorkeling everyday or not since this will be our first trip, we have however planned 2 snorkel trips. Is the equipment that is available to rent there of good quality and size ranges (teeny tiny to big foot smile )? Also, we will be just north of the hand ferry, so another concern would be is there somewhere close there to rent the equipment if we decide to do so?

Thanks to anyone that can help us out on this!

M2B

We always bring our own equiptment. I prefer my own mask, snorkel, and fins that fits well. before we go to the tropics we practice snorkeling in rivers or swimming pools so your back in the pink. Our first snorkeling in San pedro is around the piers, next back on the reef. Have a Great Trip, Mel S......if anyone has a moustache bring vasaline to make a good seal with the mask.

Mel Sinderman
M
M
Hi!. I scuba and have my own equipment, so not a question for me. Its not expensive to rent snorkle stuff, but my question is...do you want to use someone else's equipment in your mouth? I'd invest, if I were you. It's going to be no more than $200 if you go really upscale. What's really nice is a 'dry snorkel' and a purge mask. Makes life easier. Ask around...I'm not sure the purge mask will make a difference to you, but the dry snorkle will. Its not much to carry. I have really bad eyes, so have my mask with prescription lenses. I ship through the rest of the gear, but hand carry the mask and snorkle. Very light.

Have a great trip! Oh, and try 'Sea Gold' if you can find it to cleanse your mask. Good product.

M
M
Oops! I didn't add in the fins to the $$ amount. Well, you gotta decide. If I was going to rent anything, it would be the fins (I read there are some boffo new snorkle fins out now, but if you intend to do this on a regular basis, you might as well bite the bullet!

I'm not found of the idea of using a snorkel someone else has used either and I have rented fins for a reasonable amount on AC but ended up with blister on my toes from them. I'm not a great snorkeler and if you don't have your own already you can get reasonably decent masks/snorkels and fins at a local Walmart or Target or better yet sports store like Big5 that are good while you are still trying the sport out. I vote for taking your own if you can.

check out www.snorkelcity.com

They have everything at reasonable prices. I purchased fins from this site in the past, and am fully satisfied.

They offer transactions via the website or toll-free telephone access, and delivery is very prompt.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
I am glad you put-up the URl for Snorkel-city, it is a great website. Later, Mel s......

Mel Sinderman
M2B Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you everyone! We took your advice and purchased our own, I ended up getting it from http://leisurepro.com, they seemed to have the best deals on their packages, and they appear to be good quality. I guess I'll have to "try it out" in the bathtub, LOL, since we don't have any indoor pools around here. Hummmmm... this may be a way to get my hubby to put in that pool I have been wanting laugh

M2B

i agree with Mel, much prefer my own stuff. its like renting ski boots or something, rental things just don't fit as well as they do when they are formed into your own body shape.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 175 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.