Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#64527 03/11/03 10:04 PM
J
jimbob Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I am scrambling to find some decent rates. Even trying through Cancun, but with world situation prices are through the roof! Is it wise to wait until later? We are traveling end of June, so would appreciate advice from the travel wise. Thank you

#64528 03/12/03 12:06 AM
M
M
Check Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel.com. Better yet, find their magazine. There's a deal right now for inland with Caradonna Caribben Tours. Or get ahold of Capricorn Tours. They have a deal at the Corona del Mar and the Aqua Marina. Corona del Mar being much cheaper. You can always add on extra days if you want more time. I'm not fond of package deals, but if you're in a bind, that will get you there.

#64529 03/12/03 01:24 AM
Try USAir. They have been running awesome specials.

#64530 03/12/03 07:11 AM
M
M
The current USAir special has to be booked no later than today. But, you can certainly call and see if they are extending it.

#64531 03/12/03 11:02 AM
Marie quick questions. Why do you personally object to package deals? Have you experienced problems? Thanks.

Dare To Deviate
#64532 03/12/03 11:44 AM
M
M
Hi Chloe,

I always enjoy your postings...sorry I put an extra "o" in your name last time.

To answer your question, I was a sales agent for Pan Am for 10+ years, so did lots of traveling. Back 'in the day' it was mostly Europe or the Pacific. Now we like Central and South America, and (sob) we gotta pay a whole lot more!

I subscribe to Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel Magazine, also am on the net with them. If you are going with a buddy with the companies they suggest (Capricorn is a good one), it can be a great deal. With a couple, with a little planning, you can cut a much better deal on your own, so it depends on how you are traveling. I have a great need, as you may have noticed from my postings, to be at the place that strikes me most like what a country has been. Condos don't work for me. To each his own! If you take a package, they advertise the hotels they get the best deal with. Having said that, they will work with you on any hotel you want. I just checked with them re my pet, Paradise, this week. Need to call back, as I think I received faulty info, but if you find a hotel that strikes you as right, they will work with it. Problem is...its much more $$ than booking on your own. Most places on AC, given how slow it is there now, will negociate with you to a fare-thee-well. So, for me, I like to read the books (Lonely Planet is great), do some homework, and plot my own route. Lately, we've been lazy and just staying on AC...we've been all over the country, and now just dedicate our trips to diving. I find that is cheaper, if you check it out yourself. Dive masters included. So...that's my deal! We all have our prejudices, and that's mine!

My suggestion, do your homework and find a cozy nest that suits you. But DO the homework. Kills me to see someone hate our wonderful island because they put themselves in exactly the wrong place for their personalities. By the way, if you ever feel the need to go to South America, Escapes Unlimited is wonderful. They, too, will let you mush around with what you want. We had a great trip to Peru a couple years ago. Just ask for what you want whatever agency you speak to.

Take care, M

#64533 03/12/03 02:44 PM
M
M
jimbob,

Have you checked TACA? I'm going to Roatan with my wife in May and we got round trip for the two of us from Houston for $426.00...total. Hope you can find a good deal.

M

#64534 03/13/03 02:03 AM
I also just saw where Taca is having some deals to Belize...you might also try www.elegantadventures.com. I got a deal through them for about $110 less than the lowest air I could find. Good luck. Better get it while the gettings good...who knows how much it will be in a month or so....

#64535 03/14/03 09:31 AM
Just got a $305 r/t from DC on American, but I think the special ran out on 12th. Worth checking.

jim

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.