Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#64582 03/12/03 05:24 PM
S
sika Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Everyone...... we've been faithful readers of the board since we decided to take our honeymoon in Belize in September of this year. We are struggling as to where to stay though.... too many choices!!!

We were very tempted to stay at Ramons Village but I figured we should get some opinions before we make a final decision.

We are looking for someplace clean and quiet and would prefer NOT to stay in a hotel. The cabana's on the island and perhaps some of the vacation homes looked appealing but don't really know alot about them. We have checked everything out on the internet but would like to hear from others of their experiences. Have any of you stayed in one of the vacation homes? What is Paradise Villa's or Xanada Resort like? Is Ramons as noisy as we've heard it can be?

Our budget is approximately 150$US per night. We are travelling from September 8-23, 2003.

Thanks for your help!

Shelley and Tim

#64583 03/12/03 05:53 PM
S
S
hi i met people that stayed at both places last week. ramons has a great winding pool and a nice bar. they are friendly and welcome outside guests so i got to there. it was very nice. the people i met at paradise village said they did'nt need the kitchen. it has a nice beach bar and further outside of town than ramons.i felt it was nicer to be away from town. i would stay at either place.i thought paradise was more money.

#64584 03/12/03 07:51 PM
We stayed at Casa Caracol on our last trip to San Pedro in January of this year. It was great! The price was right and our hosts, Marie and Phil couldn't have been nicer. We arrived to find the fridge stocked to our specifications and it was really nice to get settled, have an ice cold belikin and just relax vs having to run out to the store. It was also nice to have the kitchen/fridge to eat breakfast or lunch at home vs going to restaurant. If you are looking for a house vs a hotel, that is right on the beach, I would highly recommend it. It has 3 bedrooms, but you can rent just part of the house if that better suits your needs. It was a short walk to the heart of town/Fido's and very close to one of the best local restaurants on the island, Papi's diner. Check out Casa Caracol on the lodging page, it might just be what you are looking for.

#64585 03/12/03 08:43 PM
S
S
Xanadu is very nice, quiet, 12-15 minute walk to town, nice pool beachside. It is comprised of separate condo buildings with 2-3 units per building, we think. So, it is a cross between cabanas and hotel. Casa Tortuga is a popular house for rent - they have a link via this website. Wherever you stay, we think AC will be a memorable honeymoon. Happy marriage!

#64586 03/13/03 12:21 AM
S
sika Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Wow! Thanks to everyone for the quick reply's!! I think we're going to check out Banyan Bay and perhaps some of the vacation homes. Maybe we'll book a week at one place then find something while we are down there. We'll be there from Sept 8-23.....

Shelley

#64587 03/13/03 12:51 AM
For the time you are coming you may be able to negotiate a good price at Portofino (I am actually getting married there)-we think it is gorgeous.

#64588 03/13/03 01:07 AM
Pedro1, No! You are getting married, darn.

Can't believe you are giving up your freedom.

Dare To Deviate
#64589 03/13/03 02:45 PM
P
P
Mr. Cooper you old rogue: Shame on you!!! You have enough experience on the Caye to know you should check your facts before talking your business up at the expense of another. I shall have to fine you a fat surcharge on your next brochure and business card order and let it go to the dogs - Saga.

Shelley and Tim, we are well within your budget (both in Hi and Lo seasons)and would love to welcome you for your honeymoon, if you should choose us.

Khaki, thanks for the kind words.

Regards

Phil

#64590 03/18/03 01:37 PM
MERCY MERCY PHIL

PLease fell free to beat me with a wet Flanel my apologies I should of checked the rates first you are correct.

Since you are in the right budget range these people would get a great deal

Your house is beautiful

All the best and remember Mercy on my next invoice

All the best

Gaz

#64591 03/18/03 05:47 PM
N
N
Hi - I'm coming to Belize in TWO DAYS!!!!!!!

I tried to download some of the AC discounts and they wouldn't print frown

Anyway, I have been on this board for three months and to know I'm going to be there in just two days is unbelievable.

cool

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.