Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
jheald Offline OP
OP Offline
Anybody have any opinions on Seven Seas or other suites near town? I've seen alot of support for Banana Beach, but the ocean fronts are booked already for the week we're looking for. Coming down 3/30 for a week.

Prefer something ocean front or decent ocean view, queen or king, balcony if possible and more than a refrigerator. Easy walking distance to town/restaurants.

Thanks in advance.

jim
S
S
Recommend you check with Caribbean Villas Hotel; they are usually booked well in advance, but worth a try. They have both 1 bedroom and deluxe suites with king sized beds, balconies/patios and kitchens with stove, full refrigerator, blender, pots/pans, dishes, microwave, etc. All suites and rooms are beachfront with full sea and reef views. Only 10 suites/rooms on 3 acres of land with bird sanctuary, gardens, wildlife, free bikes, hot tubs, hammocks, 300+ foot pier with swimming and snorkeling area. They are only 10-15 minute beachwalk to town. Quiet area and you can get to the action easy. Long-time staff that love their guests. CV does not accept commissions from guides or tour companies so you get objective recommendations and bookings and in some cases, cheaper prices. Ask for discount from posted prices if you book directly with them. Happy time on the island!

And if CV doesn't work for you, try Coral Bay Villas next door. All the same accomodations, a nice walk to town, plenty of stuff nearby. Very, very comfortable.

If you don't need a swimming pool, I highly recommend Mayan Princess. Fabulous balconies, great kitchenette suites. Wonderful staff. Just make sure that you get on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Also, if you are going to be on the 2nd floor, try to get one of the units closer to the north end of the building. You won't be disappointed.

Seven Seas is an OK little place, nice pool in the back courtyard. Nice little yard in the front looking over the beach. Make sure you get an ocean front room. They are building some units in the back by the pool and I don't know when they'll be finished. For myself I'd be pretty ticked off if I booked this hotel and ended up in the back.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

I stayed at 7 Seas a couple of years ago, and was quite satisfied. Some people may prefer fancier accomodations, but I was never in my room except to crash from excessive nightly over-refreshment.
The price is VERY reasonable, the pool is nice, the staff was superb (although some have moved on by now). Each room has a small kitchenette, AC, and the bedroom is separate from the living room. Our room was right on the beach. Easy access to everything (especially Papi's Diner...YUM!) I'm sure they'll work with you to try and get you on the beach if not all booked. Good luck.

S
S
Hubby and I were pleased with Seven Seas not upscale but comfortable and clean - Staff very accommodating - E-Mailed ahead and they had the frige stocked - Probably not an issue now, but in Aug, the only part of the suite that was air-conditioned was the bedroom and that was good - We enjoyed the proximity to San Pedro (Short walking distance) and will stay there again -

M
M
Hi jheald. I actually saw the place just two weeks ago when I was there. A friend of mine has time shares and it was between Banyon Bay and Seven Seas, so checked them both out for her. SS was ok. In a quiet area, and walking distance to everywhere. Its a two or three story frame building, smaller, but nice sandy yard, right on the water. They showed me a room and it was pleasant. It has a small pool. If you do try it, make sure to ask for a front room. I think I recall a double was as low as $110. They quoted a higher rate, but said it came down to that with discounts (this wasn't in relation to time shares, I didn't mention that to them). Having said that, I have my pet, the Paradise Resort Hotel, as all on this site know, just south of SS, and nothing else works for me. You might check it out. But if it weren't for that, I wouldn't have a problem with SS. But, then, I have my prejudices...there is nothing I like less than busy, condo places. SS is certainly not one of those, and Paradise is bustling by comparison! Good luck. Have a really wonderful trip!!!!!

M
M
Hey Pirate...I hate to jump in here with a non-applicable question, but..I will. Re Papi's, I've heard lots good of it, looked in and spoke to them one day as we were on our way over the cut. We fully intended to come back for a meal. Never got around to it. It sounds good, it looked nice, and they seemed great. What do YOU like about it? Fish matters most to us. Thanks for your time, I'll look forward to your input.

Marie, I eat at Papi's all the time.

That said, I don't know that I would go out of my way to get there. I love the pork chops . . .oh yeah, baby

I've never had the lobster there because during lobster season, I'm eating it at Jambel's.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

M
M
Hi Seashell! A huge yes to Jambel. In the past I've had lots of overcooked lobby in SP. Never at Jambel. I like everything I tried there. Out of the three weeks in SP, I imagine we ate there a minimum of three nights each week. And, out last night there (sob). Have you tried any of the things they make with coconut curry. It helps me accept the end of lobster season. Don't forget to feed the cat. I hope he is (the cat) is ok. Last time we were there, he'd hurt one of his front legs. Try their key lime pie. Without doubt the best on AC.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 316 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.