Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#64790 03/14/03 11:40 PM
OP Offline
Also, Tropic Air was a blast. When flying to AC i was on a 4 seater. I was scared to death. They put me and my partner on two different planes. Today when we flew back to Belize City I was on the 12 seater and I really enjoyed that. I am amazed at some of the things I do now at my age and never thought of ever doing it before when I was younger. :rolleyes: laugh

Brenda
#64791 03/14/03 11:55 PM
I rented a golf cart one day and really enjoyed driving all the way north then all the way south. Going south I found a quaint little place where the water came up in the middle of two land masses. Some fishing piers around but no one was around at all. We had a wonderful time there. That is all I will say about that:)
so what happened???? :p

Who did you dive with Scubabuddy?

I am looking forward to the flight over, and hope I get the 4 seater......wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee! laugh

#64792 03/14/03 11:59 PM
OP Offline
DB - Lets just say what happened was an experience I will not forget and another first for me. It was wonderful.

We dove with Amigos Del Mar. An excellent operation. I was told by the people on the boat that had the accident the divemasters kept their cool and were in control of the situation the whole time.
Oh you like the 4 seater? It was scarey for me but of course it was a first as well. smile

Brenda
#64793 03/15/03 03:50 AM
N
N
It is not clear from your mails but can we assume that, with a swell of 8-10 feet, you were all diving OUTSIDE the reef?

It may re-assure more nervous or in-experienced divers/snorklers/visitors to A.C. to know this.

In my somewhat limited diving experience on A.C., including in windy conditions, I have never experienced that sort of swell inside the reef.

Pls advise

Thanks

#64794 03/15/03 06:07 AM
Amigo's are my buddies. No kidding. So I'm more than a tad upset.

Whose boat was lost? Who were the captain and the DM?

I've no doubt that the clients were taken care of as well as they could be. (Damn, I'm choked, man, please help me out here)

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#64795 03/15/03 10:13 AM
OP Offline
Seashell:

That boat was not the normal one I road on the days I went out so I do not know the DM but I think the name was Miguel or Michelle. That might not be correct butit does start with an M. They told us this has happened 3 times in 15 years. the second time was in December and then the 3rd was Thursday. Not sure about the first.

The boat was outside the reef. Most of the dives they went outside the reef.

:rolleyes:

Brenda
#64796 03/15/03 10:20 AM
OP Offline
As far as the clients being taken care of yes they were. After the people were rescued and safe at the dock, the leader of our group who is an instructor and dive shop owner and another guy who is a dm went to retrieve the gear. They retrieved all the bc's and tanks, most fins even gloves a camera.

Some people lost expensive sunglasses and some fins, snorkle masks, but are replaceable.

The dive operator did help out with the lost gear so they could be replaced. I think the clients were treated right and they are satisfied as well. If I can remember right the dms name may have been Carlos. They saidhe was really upset at what had happened. His boat sustained some damage but was back at dock Friday morning.
cool

Brenda
#64797 03/15/03 02:56 PM
Thanks for the info. I don't know of a DM named Carlos. Perhaps he is new. And the only Michael (Mike) that I know as a DM, generally boats with his captain Sabas. Sabas is a larger, older guy with longer hair.

Then there's George and George. I dove with them quite a bit in Dec. and January and again in February. In February, the boat was riding the surf when we came back through the cut. I thought it was great but there was one time, I wondered if we could go over. Now I know.

Also, are you sure that the three boats that went down were all Amigo's? I heard that Protech lost one for sure and maybe two, since they started up this year.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#64798 03/15/03 07:37 PM
OP Offline
No I am not sure they were all with AMigos. The Lady Melonie at Amigos just said it has happened 3 times in 15 years

The DM on the other boat was Marcello but the boat that capsized Ithought the name was Carlos. He was tall and thin and always wore awetsuit while diving. Marcello only wore shirt and shorts.

I would definitely still dive with Amigos Del Mar.

Brenda
#64799 03/15/03 08:56 PM
Scubabuddy,

Was Carlos a guy in his 40's and black? Full wetsuit? I think I may know who you're talking about. He wasn't working at Amigos last I knew, but it wouldn't surprise me. Glad no one got hurt and that you had a great trip.

Teenah

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 263 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.