Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Re: The Apparently Controversial Account of my Trip #649
12/06/05 06:22 PM
12/06/05 06:22 PM
San Pedro
Kra-Z-K Offline
Kra-Z-K  Offline
no one is #2, "a 10'x 10' hut on stilts sounds like the old one, but since i have never seen the new one, i could be wrong."

I wrote, yep, it is option 2. it is not a hut on stilts. I was saying that option 2 ("I could be wrong") is correct.

Re: The Apparently Controversial Account of my Trip #650
12/06/05 06:27 PM
12/06/05 06:27 PM
aremgonz Offline

aremgonz  Offline
[QUOTE] Ripped up shacks and a fire station without a garage door - vs- Manhattan.

anyone? [QUOTE]

As much as I like San Pedro. I'll take Manhattan every time....

Re: The Apparently Controversial Account of my Trip #651
12/06/05 06:37 PM
12/06/05 06:37 PM
aremgonz Offline

aremgonz  Offline
I agree, don't get me wrong I'd rather be in SP then where I am now, it's just in my mind there is very little that compares to NYC

Re: The Apparently Controversial Account of my Trip #652
12/06/05 06:53 PM
12/06/05 06:53 PM
Rockport, Maine
klcman Offline
klcman  Offline
Marty is #2 wink

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Re: The Apparently Controversial Account of my Trip #653
12/06/05 07:03 PM
12/06/05 07:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
Nah Marty - You're #1!!! wink

Re: The Apparently Controversial Account of my Trip #654
12/06/05 07:33 PM
12/06/05 07:33 PM
Maine
M
Moon Offline

Moon  Offline
M
Thanks for the tale Dan! Artistic license or not, I'm now going to get some travel documents copied and kept apart from the originals, so sorry for your bad luck, but your amusing tale serves as caution to others.

The only place I've ever been where you actually COULD leave anything outside your room, and that was because there were no LOCKS to your room, was on Eleuthera, one of the Bahamas islands. Beautiful place - 110 miles long by maybe 2 miles wide at the widest point and three policemen! You didn't need keys - couldn't have met more honest, decent people. Beautiful place, but then again, I daresay there's someone out there who's got a horror story to tell, just as you did with Belize!

We're off to AC on Friday for the first time, so hope to experience the holiday that you didn't!! Want a postcard.....? Oops, sorry!

Cheers!
Moon
Re: The Apparently Controversial Account of my Trip #655
12/06/05 07:37 PM
12/06/05 07:37 PM
Boston
S
streetchie Offline

streetchie  Offline
S
Dan, Sorry about your trip. You clearly win the prize for worst vacation to Belize. As someone mentioned earlier, come back ,it's gotta be better!! Also, I'm sure you've realized that a few people on this site are a little sensitive about ANY negative critique of Belize. Thanks for posting.

Re: The Apparently Controversial Account of my Trip #656
12/06/05 07:40 PM
12/06/05 07:40 PM
Rockport, Maine
klcman Offline
klcman  Offline
Photocopying yopur travel docs & keeping them in a separate safe place is ALWAYS a good idea and one of the first things people should learn if they are going to travel.

I always make two sets, if I have a travel companion and we trade, each of us having at least one complete set of copies.

Not sure they would have helped in this situation, though, One set would probably have been set on fire by spontaneous combustion, the other soaked by a spilled bottle or two of Belikin.

Have fun Moon. Send the postcards as soon as you get there, they might be here by Xmas laugh

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Re: The Apparently Controversial Account of my Trip #657
12/06/05 07:45 PM
12/06/05 07:45 PM
Birdland - 1 mile north
ScubaLdy Offline
ScubaLdy  Offline
Police Station? Fire Station? How long ago was your trip? Police station #1 you described is torn down. The picture you show is the fire station. Did you Photoshop the word police station into the photo?
You did a fine job of writing a story. It makes a very good story – kinda like “Don’t Stop the Carnival.” I only wish you had just made it a story and left out names. I hope you can begin to see your part in this. There is a saying here, “You think the service is slow, complain and see how slow it can get.” I don’t understand why you didn’t call the embassy and get the straight scoop before you trotted off. And, why did both of you have to go. And, with your limited amount of time why did you waste time on the water taxi to and from Belize City instead of the plane to the muni airport. It would have cost the same for one of you to go on the plane as it did for two of you to go together. AND, speaking of Belize City, it must have been awhile ago as the embassy has moved to Belmopan which is the capital, not Belize City. Did the US government leave an office in Belize City just for getting passports?
Here’s a hint: Belizeans answer the question you ask – they don’t give out information. I know as I have lost it a number of times here trying to get things like cable TV, telephone and golf cart permit. Pushing people here has never gotten me what I wanted.
I hope your next adventure is a little more leisurely.
wink

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Re: The Apparently Controversial Account of my Trip #658
12/06/05 07:50 PM
12/06/05 07:50 PM
San Pedro
Kra-Z-K Offline
Kra-Z-K  Offline
when I travel, I photocopy twice my passport, drivers license, and travelers checks, and ticket, keep a copy seperate in my room and and have someone in the US keep a copy. that way in an extreme emergency you can call that person in the states and they can fax the copy to you or read you what you need to know.

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
San Pedro Fun Finder
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
October
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Marty), 133 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics75,553
Posts491,264
Members19,985
Most Online5,530
Jun 13th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.