Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#65266 03/31/03 12:23 PM
OP Offline
Hey all.. we are flushing out some excurion ideas for when we get to AC this year and my crew had some questions.

We'd like to do the Manatee / beach BBQ trip. How far are the manatees from AC.. is it a long boat ride and do you get to swim with them at all? For the Beach BBQ lunch, what do they serve (a couple of us don't eat fish). What do folks think of this trip in general and any info is appreciated! Who is the best outfit to go with?

We'd also like to do a catamaran trip to Caye Caulker. The cat we took last year though was one of those with the hammock middle and we didn't like that as the water would splash up between the cushions and with having some pricey camera / camcorders along we weren;t comfortable with that and the fear of dropping stuff through the holes between the cushins into the ocean. Is there a catamaran with a solid middle at all?

If we can't find a cat trip that isn't a hammock one, then is there a ferry to Caye Caulker and where does it run from / price..?

Thanks in advance!

Less than 5 weeks to go!!!!!!
Andrea in Atlanta

Andrea

Andrea in Atlanta
O
O
Andrea,
I did the manatee with Searious and it was great. The beach BBQ was really not a BBq. It was food that was cooked and brought with us. We had chicken and rice and fruit and of course Willies famous brownies.
No, you cannot swim with the Manatees, I only saw one, but I saw alot of dolphins. Actually this is my favorite trip. Two snorkel stops and the BBQ and just the boat ride. It was fun.
The Catamaran, I did with Unity Tours(Rubio Brothers) and they have a solid bottom middle on cat. The front and rear have the hammock like things. So if you are worried that is who I would go with.
Jackie

Hi,just got back from San Pedro on 3/21 and did the manatee trip with Willie from Searious. It was an amazing day!!! We saw dolphin and several manatees. One kept surfacing closer and closer to the boat. It was so cool even though you can't swim with them. They are very shy. We then went over to tiny Goff Caye for our delicious lunch bbq. Pasta salad, curried potatoes, chunky veggie salad, BBQ'd chicken and brownies for dessert and of course all the rum punch, Beliken, soda and water you can drink. (We are vegetarians so there was alot for us to eat) Willie also did a short group snorkel with us there. The thing I found really funny was how crowded Goff Caye was. It was like the Jersey shore in July! There was alot of cruise ship people there and it's not a very big caye. Then we stopped at Caye Caulker for about an hour and then we stopped for another snorkel. This part was GREAT!! I swam with dozens and dozens of manta rays and at least 8-10 nurse sharks. We also got a free Searious t-shirt because we booked directly with Searious. (We did all our tours with them.) If we ever get our website up with our photograph's I'll let you know (hopefully sometime this week.)

OP Offline
Great info.. good for the heads up about the cruise ship crowds!

Anyone know what day the cruise ships come in (i.e., the days to avoid going on any trips like the Manatee one!)

Thanks!
Andrea

Andrea in Atlanta
I
I
I was told the cruise ships are in port Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays.

yup t-w-t correct.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
How much does the manatee trip cost?

O
O
I think it was 75.00 with Searious when I went,Willies brownies are worth 74.99, laugh . It is my favorite trip.

Jackie

Glad to hear the Sharks are still there...

Becky..."men in Tee's" are very expensive in AC I hear....oh..you said MANATEE's...oops laugh laugh

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
I like my men topless thank you very much. Paisano and I have been arguing for years over the fact that he still wears that tshirt with the holes in it. Why tease me like that? eek eek

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 334 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.