Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
M2B Offline OP
OP Offline
When we made our reservations in AC with Caye Mgt. I had checked the flights (we are Delta Emp. and fly Delta with a discount) YESTERDAY Delta cancelled all flights into Belize City for the next 3 months! as well as several other destinations because of the war in Iraq.

Since we are arriving in less than 30 days there is no refund on the house we rented. Does anyone have any idea of another City down there that we may be able to fly into that would not be too far a drive from Belize City? Or even another city down there that would have a flight into AC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are all terribly disappointed right now frown and were so so so looking forward to our vacation there.

M2B

H
H
Go to Cancun on Delta. From the airport there take a combi-taxi to Playa Del Carmen. At Playa Del Carmen take the "primera clase" or first class bus, ADO is the busline, to Chetumal. In Chetumal take the bus or arrange for a taxi to cross the border into Belize to the town of Corozal. Take a taxi from Corozal to the airport and then fly on Tropic to San Pedro.

You could also continue on the Belize bus line into Belize City and fly to San Pedro from the Municipal airport.

While this sounds difficult it really isn't. You can do a search on this board, Cancun to Belize or Bus from Cancun, etc. and come up with many who have gone before you. All is not lost.

S
S
If you can afford to pay regular economy fare, if no courtesy other-airline employee discounts are available, you can get to Belize on Continental, Taca or (yecch) American Airlines. I belive United also has a flight out of Charlotte North Carolina.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
M2B Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the infomation!

Just a Heads up to others.... rumor has it other airlines may be following suit, as well as laying off several employees. So keep an eye on the flight schedules on any airline you may be planning to use to travel.

We have looked into the Cancun flights, and hopefully that will be a possibility. We are off on a short trip tomorrow and will be out of touch for a week.... so thank you in advance to any others that reply!

M2B (not a happy camper right now!) frown

L
L
Cutting back on flights. That is the word for most airlines, so I am told. I would think, however, that the airlines want the $$$ and would acommdate. It just sucks when they do it to your vacation plans.

I would give them some major verbal grief.

It's USAir from Charlotte, not United...just a clarification.

Wonder if Delta/AirJamaica has cancelled REALLY because of the war, or using it as an excuse to cancel their as yet not-so-profitable route. They had many delays in getting this route started.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
KBG Offline
Flew Air Jamica in January, Atlanta to Jamica, changed planes and flew on to Belize City. Air Jamica was just starting up this route at that time. Long way to get there due to 1 hr layover in Jamica but did get there. Air Jamica was trying hard to get into this market at that time maybe still hanging in there. Also you can fly Taca from Miami into San Pedro Sula, Honduras and pick up a hop in an "old Islander" from there to Belize City about a 1 hour flight as I remember. Again a little longer flight but interesting and you still end up in Belize. Keep all us on the board enformed of your progress for hopefully we will be going soon.
KBG cool cool cool

D
D
Hunter is absolutely right!!!

Hasve a great trip!,

Ron

Question? To and from Cancun, would one have to add two extra days to their trip, for the land traveling?

Some time back, Pier Lounge and Pedro1, posted their way of traveling between Cancun and San Pedro. Seems it was less complicated.

Dare To Deviate
K
K
You've got me worried. Heard anything about Continental? We leave May31st.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.