Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Depends on when you fly in to Cancun.It takes approx 6 hours from airport/playa del carmen/chetumal-then taxi across border to Corozal and the last plane 5.20 to San Pedro.On the way back same thing first plane leaves at 7.10am.In my opinion an extra 2 days is a good idea for the trip-It really is very simple.

The flights weren't really Delta flights but Air Jamaica on a codeshare basis. Delta has looked at flying into Belize City over the years, presumably non-stop from Atlanta, but never made the move. Not too many people want to fly from Atlanta to Montego Bay and then on to Belize when there are non-stop flights from Charlotte, Miami, Houston and elsewhere on US, AA, Taca and CO.

On the Cancun to San Pedro trip, it's easy and pretty comfortable via bus and then either ferry or air from Corozal, but it does take most of a day coming and going. If you do that, I recommend staying at least a day or two in Corozal Town -- it's one of the best-kept secrets in Belize, cheap, friendly and enjoyable in a low-key way.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
I have heard nothing about any Delta / Air Jamaica cancellations!!!!!!!! You have me worried now as we are ticketed on Delta / AJ on May 3rd returning on the 13th.

The flights have never shown up on Delta's web page anyways if thats the issue and since it is a code share that route may not be available to employees on stand by basis. Belize flights are still all advertised on Air Jamaica's web page http://www.airjamaica.com/destinations/belize.asp and there is no indication of any change there. I have friends who have been calling Delta every 2 days to see if their FF mileage redemption request has gone through and they have never been told those flights were cancelled. For those of us with only Delta mikes, the AJ flights are great as since Delta doesnt fly there we can use our mileage. Going through Montego is no biggie since we'd have to connect through somewhere no matter what. And since AJ also gets direct flights from europe to Montego it opens up Belize to international travellers more as well.

Andrea in Atlanta

Andrea in Atlanta
There was nothing on the Delta Web Page about changes to any of these flights. This was from their news desk regarding changes due to the war.

Delta Air Lines
Delta (www.delta.com) will decrease its network capacity by approximately 12 percent at least trhough April. The decreases affect domestic and international locations but do not directly affect Delta Connection carriers. The airline will continue to serve most of the affected cities via SkyTeam and its codeshare partners. Delta's Latin American, Caribbean and Pacific service are not affected.

I just called Delta to check and my flights are fine. They said there have been absolutely no flight cancellations whatsoever to Belize on Air Jamaica. The only Delta flights that have been outright cancelled international are to Europe. So you have been given false info. The person I spoke to said it might have been an issue with using the Delta Discount on the AJ flights but that was the only thing they could think of as the flights are totally fine.

Andrea in Atlanta
Relieved....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea in Atlanta
First, I don't understand. M2B says Delta has cancelled her flight but the others are saying that Delta has confirmed that they aren't cancelling any flights to Belize.

Second, Pedro . . . LOVE your avatar. Is that you in the background? hee hee

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

If all else fails there is the option to take a ferry from Tampa, Florida to Merida MExico and then either a bus or some form of transport into Belize.
Anyone familiar with that? Just wondering????? It might be a nice tour. I know the ferry takes 1 day and 1/2. NOt sure about the bus.

My bet is that the "comp" seats are not available.

Interesting thing seaislegal, I can bring up the flights to BZE (delta.com) for a Boston departure and it shows "operated by AJ". Wonder why you can't from farther south. That said, when I tried to book last night, NO DATES were available....even though it gave me the option to select the flight with dates, numbers, etc., when I went to "select", then I got the "onnnnnnnnk" - no can do. Must be other gremlins at work.

Anyway, it makes no sense that Latin America flights would be cancelled.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Seashell- I am amazed at your attitude to the other internet cafe-I actually thought you would write what you actually thought,without holding back
love
Peter

T
T
you guys are screwed...better go greyhound

J
J
check US Air. We flew from Boston to BC at the end of February and they were excellent. I've had so many bad airline experiences that most of my friends are afraid to fly with me, but US Air was GREAT.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.