Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Re: 10 days in San Pedro #65873
04/08/03 09:39 AM
04/08/03 09:39 AM
S.L.C. Ut. U.S.A.
skullyboy Offline
skullyboy  Offline
Gaz, Don`t worry to much about it. You can`t please everybody. Most regulars know you`re trying hard to do the best you can. I don`t think I`ve heard anything but good stuff about your operation. Keep up the good work.

Re: 10 days in San Pedro #65874
04/08/03 09:42 AM
04/08/03 09:42 AM
MD
dogmatic prevaricator Offline
dogmatic prevaricator  Offline
Before you go down that every cloud has a silver lining road, thereís an old saying that goes, "you win some, you lose some and sometimes itís a draw". This deal fell into the "you lose some" category. The lesson would be when everything seems the smoothest, worry the most.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Re: 10 days in San Pedro #65875
04/08/03 10:00 AM
04/08/03 10:00 AM
Pedro1 Offline
Pedro1  Offline
Gaz - I actually thought I was helping but obviously not,just maybe you should have talked to Lan about the swimming pool -he has put on his posts that you have had one in operation since sometime last year-my point was that if someone had complained you would,in my opinion, have done something to rectify the problem which is what I said -obviously you misconstrued what was not said.Also you,to my knowledge,have never said the pool is ready.
Peter

Re: 10 days in San Pedro #65876
04/08/03 10:51 AM
04/08/03 10:51 AM
Boston
PalmLovinCouple Offline

PalmLovinCouple  Offline
Gaz,

I wouldn't worry so much about your reputation on this message board as much as I would several business owners on the island. We talked to several local bar/business owners that just shook their heads when your name came up. If you really want to make good, then you may want to consider refunding the people's money that only stayed 2 out of 10 nights at your place. Money (refunds) talks....the rest is just a bunch of words......

Re: 10 days in San Pedro #65877
04/08/03 11:48 AM
04/08/03 11:48 AM
Massachusetts
Lizzard Offline OP

Lizzard  Offline OP
Gaz,
Some of the issues I bring up in my post, ie; the water problems, no screens for windows, the door to the office being locked during office hours (to have phone access) and no water taxi service (which there is a post from you that states that a boat would be made available to your guests)WERE brought to the attention of either you or Andy during our stay. The fact that we were unhappy staying in the center unit was something I figured was our "tought luck". I certainly didn't expect to be moved. From the pics on your website I expected more sun/windows. I also wouldn't expect a refund for lack of cleanliness. PS-A little bleach goes a long way on tile grout.
We took it upon ourselves to find lodging that suited us better. We were prepared to do whatever it took to be more comfortable on our vacation, that included being closer to town-our choice.
As far as our discussions with other guests...ask yourself how we could have known about their experience on your dive boat. THEY TOLD US. They also described their disapointment.
The only regret I have is bringing this "tit for tat" session to a public forum...live and learn...

Re: 10 days in San Pedro #65878
04/08/03 12:25 PM
04/08/03 12:25 PM
Asia
Gaz Cooper Offline
Gaz Cooper  Offline
I was here for the duration of your stay at at NO TIME did you address me on ANY of the issues you raise in public.

I have to take the good comments with the bad and thankfully 99% is good occasionaly we will get a customer that is unhappy but you really should of addressed these concerns with me personally as I was on onsite ALL THE TIME for you to speak with me. AT no time did you address or indicate to me that you were unhappy in any way and I only found out when I read your message.
Your husband even gave me a hug upon departure and said you guys had had a great time.

Andy is also amazed at your comments

Obviously I am confused why you would post this instead of addressing the issues with me personally while on the island as i was onsite all the time you were here.

It seems to me that you really should of stayed and planned to be in town as that is where you wanted to be in the end however as you know in our e-mails prior to arriving you really wanted to be out of town, that seemed to have changed once you got here.

I dont want to bring out any other issues but there is an outstanding issue with Maya Island that you told me on the dock when leaving you would personally take care of which you did not do even when I reminded you upon departure and you assured me that you would correct that situation.
please feel free to e-mail [email protected] and take care of the issue.

I am sorry that Playa Blanca Beach Club did not suit you and if you had addressed the issues onsite I would of bent over backwards to correct them and try to make you happy.

regards

Gaz

Some of the issues I bring up in my post, ie; the water problems, no screens for windows, the door to the office being locked during office hours (to have phone access) and no water taxi service (which there is a post from you that states that a boat would be made available to your guests)WERE brought to the attention of either you or Andy during our stay. The fact that we were unhappy staying in the center unit was something I figured was our "tought luck". I certainly didn't expect to be moved. From the pics on your website I expected more sun/windows. I also wouldn't expect a refund for lack of cleanliness. PS-A little bleach goes a long way on tile grout.
We took it upon ourselves to find lodging that suited us better. We were prepared to do whatever it took to be more comfortable on our vacation, that included being closer to town-our choice.
As far as our discussions with other guests...ask yourself how we could have known about their experience on your dive boat. THEY TOLD US. They also described their disapointment.
The only regret I have is bringing this "tit for tat" session to a public forum...live and learn

Re: 10 days in San Pedro #65879
04/08/03 12:42 PM
04/08/03 12:42 PM
M
Marie Offline

Marie  Offline
M
Gaz, I would'nt know you if I fell over you., and I'm sure your operation is fine. What I've learned, since I got on this site in early March when I first got back from Belize, and mind you, I'm not in any kind of business there...sometimes people just got cranky. Certainly, it would be better if they first went to you. But, there we are........

Re: 10 days in San Pedro #65880
04/08/03 01:01 PM
04/08/03 01:01 PM
Boston
PalmLovinCouple Offline

PalmLovinCouple  Offline
Just what I expected from you Gaz, just more useless words. The bottom line is that they did NOT stay at your resort for what they paid for. If you really want to prove how honest you are, cough up some coin. Anyone with half a brain can see right through your BS.
Marie, this has nothing to do with people being cranky. These folks were simply mislead. A real business owner would own up to the mistake, and refund the portion of $$ that was never used.
Why Gaz chooses to argue on an open forum is a mystery to me. I'm sure any TA's will take great notice of this issue. Remember, there are hundreds of message board nationwide that would love to see this. So argue all you want Gaz...

Re: 10 days in San Pedro #65881
04/08/03 01:08 PM
04/08/03 01:08 PM
Asia
Gaz Cooper Offline
Gaz Cooper  Offline
Obviously you have some deep resentment of me and i have no idea who you are but you are just a third party who is feeding of misinformation, I have not misled anyone and many poepl know me for my honesty and NO BS approach. I have not promised things I could not deliver and you you can continue your attack on me if you wish if that makes you happy.

regards

Re: 10 days in San Pedro #65882
04/08/03 01:16 PM
04/08/03 01:16 PM
Boston
PalmLovinCouple Offline

PalmLovinCouple  Offline
Gaz,

So I guess the several business owners that we spoke with while on the island are all liars? Boy, there sure are a lot of liars according to you.

This is very simple, why is it so hard for you to simply refund the money, and make good on a bad situation? This isn't rocket science. Refund money = problem solved, and your integrity restored. No refund = every national message board on the internet, gets to read this info. Your pick bud!!

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (cagillespie11, Marty), 176 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics72,572
Posts484,030
Members19,717
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.