Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
#65903 04/08/03 04:51 PM
I ABSOLUTELY NEVER SAID that I dont run water taxis I have done it today for our in house guests and also did it while you were here with the divers you spoke with.
You are mistaken I never never said I dont run water taxis because I do and do it alomost daily also including today.

I stand by my quote in the post and we STILL and always have, offered water taxis at a reduced cost as a service to our guests and we will continue to do so without misleading anyone. YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT

(YOU SAID) Secondly, How could you have given us a phone if you knew we were having a hard time with access to your's

Are you saying I DID NOT give you my PERSONAL cell phone which you used all Week while staying in town I hope not as you know you used it.

With the other issue like screens and the water they were dealt with in a quick and efficient manner including the toilet and the water, theres not much more I can do that handle the situations as quickly and efficiently as possible.

As far as diving you were not certified that means you would have to complete your certification course in order to dive. you already posted you did not want to pay for that so how could you go diving if you did not want to complete your course.
The average cost of certification completion on the island is between $225-$275 depending on which shop you use.

Pool

Please provide me with the in writing quote that I promised the pool would be ready and that changes things I will then match it up with my e-mail archives and we will go from there.
I have already gone through each e-mail with you and see no email that says that.

I stand behind my first quote that prior to this e-mail thread I never had ANY idea that you were unhappy.

Did you take care of the Maya Island Air situation ??? as you said you would. Please do so by e-mailing them at [email protected]

All this could of been avoided if you had only spoken to me when you were here.

regards

Gaz

#65904 04/08/03 05:07 PM
Lizzard Offline OP
OP Offline
YOU ASKED FOR IT:

Hi Jody

We offer Acomodations to all people Divers and Non divers alike, while we have a dive shop onsite we also offer allsorts of tours and snorkeling fr non divers so please feel at ease there.

Beach swimming is not really accessable form Ambergris and we swim from our piers that jut out form the beach and we have a swimming area on our pier with a small reef under our pier that has lots of fish so you can snorkel there and see stuff also.

We will also have our swimming pool in by end of January also so you will be able to swim and hang out at the Pool also.

If you would like to confirm please visit my online booking form and fill it out including an Authorization to charge your credit card a 10% deposit the rate is $185 per night plus 7% hotel tax.

Please feel free to get back to me with any questions you might have

best regards

Gaz

#65905 04/08/03 05:12 PM
Did that say January! What year?

"We're gonna need a bigger boat" - Brody
#65906 04/08/03 05:14 PM
please forward me that original e-mail

thanks

#65907 04/08/03 06:49 PM
I liked PB, and found Gaz to be honest and upfront. I bombarded him with questions prior to my arrival , and told him I hoped he didn't mind. He emailed back, "keep them coming". Everything was exactly as represented. I could have had daily trips to SP provided by Playa Blanca, but sometimes wanted to go earlier than they would be going, but no big deal. I had Nubia contact the water ferry to ensure a pickup. Sometimes I would go to SP via ferry, and Andy would let me know he would be in town later and we would arrange a time when I could get a ride back with him. It seemed to me that this small staff worked very hard to be as accomodating to my needs as possible. PB is no mega resort, if anybody expects that, they will be disappointed.
As far as Gaz's reputation around AC, I don't think he has anything to worry about. Anybody reading the board realizes there definitely can be competitiveness between businesses. How on earth would newbies to SP even know whose opinion was worth a rat's ass? I realized immediately that living by Island time, makes things sloooowwwweeer.
I bet some of the folks who have had houses built can attest to the time frame of getting projects completed. The pool is in the works, the preparation has started with that "hole" that has been mentioned. Delays happen, even with the best of intentions. Gaz, thanks for a great week, your efforts were appreciated by more than one of your guests.

#65908 04/08/03 07:16 PM
The beauty of Belize are the small resorts and hotels. Belize is not like the rest of the world, and is not for everybody. Reading Lizzards last posts, I think that several mistakes have been made. What I resent though is people are taking messages from visitors too personally. We are all entitled to an opinion, and where is it written that Holiday Inn people are less than others? The last time I stayed there, it cost me over $ 100 a night, and everything they advertised was there, and more.

Live and let live
#65909 04/08/03 07:26 PM
E
E
I do not know Gaz personally, but I did check him out a couple of years ago, in the process of another deal. His credentails (sp) are Good. I would take his word before I would discard it. It will not make anyone feel any better, But I think he is a man of his word.

#65910 04/08/03 09:13 PM
Lizzard Offline OP
OP Offline
THIS IS THE CONCLUSION TO A LOVELY VISIT ON AC:

In a message dated 4/8/2003 7:14:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:

Hello Jody

I am unable to verify the copy of the e-mail you have sent me.

I have never promised anyone that the pool would be in and if it was such an issue for you why did you not advise prior to arriving and cancel on that basis ??

What is is you are trying to gain by your posts both Schlomo and Andy are amazed at your comments as they too only heard what a good time you was having.

I am not going to continue the thread as it is getting out of hand however I will ask why you left without paying Maya Island Air after I asked you on the dock to correct that you said you would but did not. you clearly knew that you were to pay direct for the tickets and I merely booked it for you as a service.

Its not a big deal to me as it was Mayas mistake and it willultimately cost them, but I think you should at least e-mail Alba and take care of that situation.

I am a reasonable person and willing to work with all my visitors but you never gave me any opportunity, to work with you. the pool is not really the issue here as if it was imperative you would of made the point prior to arriving if you were misled.

what is it that you want from all this ?

Gaz,
Unable to verify???
Why did you want me to forward this e-mail to you?
You almost sounded like you were willing to react monetarily. You said once I provided something in writing "that it changes things and we can take it from there"...
Anyway, I hope your not suggesting I fabricated it.
I'm amazed that you have no recollection of telling me that the pool would be ready in January. Seems like other board members have memory of the same.

The business of Maya Air is between myself and them, don't worry.

What I originally wanted out of all of this is to depict a clear picture of my trip, which included some not so pretty details about your establishment. Why you chose to deny what went on is the question.

I'm done with this.

Jody

I GUESS, ORIGINALLY I WANTED TO PAINT A PICTURE OF MY EXPERIENCE. (AN ACCURATE ONE)
BUT-AS MY HONESTY WAS QUESTIONED ALONG THE LINE I WAS FORCED TO DEFEND MYSELF. I ADMIT THINGS GOT REALLY UGLY HERE AND I AM SORRY FOR THAT. I SEE NO POINT IN CARRYING ON ANY FURTHER.
I MADE MY POINT.
THANKS TO THE FOLKS WHO HELPED.

PEACE.
JODY (AKA LIZZARD)

#65911 04/08/03 09:26 PM
T
T
whatever

#65912 04/08/03 10:32 PM
Well, know that that is over who`s turn is it next to get slammed?

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.