Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
spooky Offline OP
OP Offline
HI - To all the expereienced Belizean travelers - need to know where to stay either in Belize City or AC. We are also traveling with our kid ( will be 8 months) end of May. I heard lot of choices - Bananabeach, Carribean Villas,Coconuts, Paradise, etc.

Please help.

Thanks

Spooky

well - all good choices, but....what are you looking for? how much do you want to spend? Pool? nightlife? kitchenette? etc etc etc - give us a little more info & you will be flooded with replies, I'm sure!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
spooky Offline OP
OP Offline
We are planning a 7 night trip and wanted to see the Ruins (maybe Tikal) and also go snorkeling/diving, kayaking, etc.
Which of the hotels/villas/resorts would be a positive experience with our infant? Thats what I am looking to get recommendations from.
In terms of price range $80- 110.

Also wanted to see whether shoudl we split our trip 4 days in belize city and 3 in AC? Any recommendations.

M
M
Hi Spooky! I'm fond of Clarissa Falls if you are in the San Ignacio area. Really nice for kids, not that an infant will be taking a lot of notice of the area, but they will take care of you, and babies will be welcome. Really delightful people. In AC, as always, I'd say, as always, my pet, Paradise Resort Hotel. Its a gentle place, with good folks. For about $130 you get a big room with kitcenette. For about $75 a small cabana, but if you asked, I'm sure they would be sure you had a refrigerator. Let us know how it works out! You'll be fine. Belizeans, as all Central American's sure love kids and treat them well. You'll see...in a few days you will be surprised if you hear a kid cry, yours included. They just love them to bits!

In seven days, you will be pressed to do it all. My suggestion, fly into BC, spend a night there, depending on when you get in, or just rent a car -the road is fine, and high tail it to San Ignacio (don't forget to stop at the zoo enroute), spend a night in the area (only 80+/-miles). Lament that you won't have time for Mountain Pine Ridge, then go from there to Tikal (best to fly). Read Lonely Planet. If you are adventurous, you can easily plan this on your own. Then get right back to BC, and fly back to AC. Now, would I try all this in seven days with an infant, God No, but if you think you can, go for it and have a great time!

Where is Jackie when you need her -Banana beach has kitchenettes will arrange babysitters etc.-Belize city is a dump and it is not a place to holiday.However how do you plan to go to Tikal-a day trip or evernight from SP is approx 280usd per person,and by other transportation plan on three days (or one 6.00am start from San Ignacio)
price for Bananas is 67usd plus tax.

M
M
Well, now, Pedro, be fair. Belize City is part of the whole experience of Belize. I wouldn't call it a dump, at all. It's a tad more difficult than AC, but just as all larger cities are, a bit more trying. If I were spending the time in BC, I'd suggest Colton House. Not exactly sure how they relate to infants, but I'd guess well. It's a lovely place, with generous owners. I'm a water person so tend to focus on AC, but wouldn't discourage anyone from making BC a part of their Belize expierence.

M
M
Colton House does not allow kids under 12,let alone infants.

Whereever you stay, you'll need access to a fridge for the child. You'll find plenty of nice condo options on Ambergris.

Instead of Belize City, I'd opt for San Ignacio in the Cayo district. Close enough to Tikal for a day trip. Many of the lodges are infant/child friendly. Clarissa Falls is sweet (love the black soup)and duPlooys is also wonderful and most likely able to care for your child along with the two other young young kids at the lodge.

I think you'll do best and keep within your price range at Crystal Paradise Resort, with thatched roof casitas at 125.00/7% per night with bkft and dinner included. These people had about 10 kids, so they have experience......

Maya Travel Services
M
M
Colton House does not allow kids under 12,let alone infants.

Whereever you stay, you'll need access to a fridge for the child. You'll find plenty of nice condo options on Ambergris.

Instead of Belize City, I'd opt for San Ignacio in the Cayo district. Close enough to Tikal for a day trip. Many of the lodges are infant/child friendly. Clarissa Falls is sweet (love the black soup)and duPlooys is also wonderful and most likely able to care for your child along with the two other young young kids at the lodge.

I think you'll do best and keep within your price range at Crystal Paradise Resort, with thatched roof casitas at 125.00/7% per night with bkft and dinner included. These people had about 10 kids, so they have experience......

Maya Travel Services
M
M
Ok Maya, gotta defer to you here. What is a "kid friendly" place in BC if they have to over-night? Also, for my own info, is Safari rental cars (I think that was the name) still in business. Haven't heard them about lately. There were nice to deal with. Been two years since I was inland. Thanks.

This Gramma's thought is do not take the baby to the mainland. jungle and bugs. It will be difficult enough on Ambergris with a baby.

Save the mainland tour for your next trip when the child is older, and will be of age to enjoy the experience.

Dare To Deviate
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 269 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.