Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi, there!

First, I am ONLY inquiring about Mata Rocks. Please don't recommend any other hotels on this thread.

For those of you who stayed at Mata Rocks, please tell me of your experience. It looks fabulous on the web, and I believe I've read good things here, but I just want to make sure.

Also, they have quoted us their summer special of 5 nights for $229/person. We will be there the last week of August (through Labor Day). Should I go ahead and book the summer special now, or should I hold out and see if they'll drop their price when it gets closer to the date?

Thanks for your help!

Jennifer

What no yellow fruit allowed from Jackie-in Augustwhich is med. season I think you can get cheaper prices at various places-my bet is make an offer and if you are comfortable with that- take it.

N
N
Hey Turnbun,

We just returned from Mata Rocks 2 days ago! The tan has already started to fade :-(
But the memories are still fresh!

Anyways, we stayed in one of their Ocean Front Jr. Suits. In my mind when I hear the word "suite" I create my own mental image. These Jr. Suites were nice but a bit smaller than I expected. Don't get me wrong, we didn't have to go outside to change our minds. I can honestly say it only took us a couple of days to get used to the space and then we were off and running! And we loved our deck which we sat out on every morning while enjoying our coffee. We were literally 15 feet from the water!

The staff were awesome! I really could go on and on about them. Terri & Liz (and son Tyson and canine companion Czar) and all employees of Mata Rocks were so kind and were always available to assist or plan an event.

The pool is small but certainly gets the job done when all you need is a dip or just a refreshing change from the salt water. They keep the place very clean, which in my humble opinion is tough with a constant sand blowing breeze!

The beach bar, The Squirrel's Nest is great too. From the continental breakfast every morning to the great lunches and of course the cocktails - it brings lots of folks together for plenty of smiles.

So, I say give Mata Rocks your consideration if what you have read works for you. How much time does one REALLY spend in their room anyways?.....
Unless you are on your honeymoon cuz you just got married in Belize!!! (but that's another post that will be coming shortly!)

I hope you enjoy your stay!
New England Girl

Turnbun, As I've stated many times--to each his own....We are going back to MataRocks for the 3rd time July 4th...We love this place...Terry & Liz (owners) will do everything in their power to make you satisfied...They are hands on owners....Tyson (their son) is a blast.....You won't be disappointed with MataRocks regardless of price...They also have installed a new pool....John cool wink

John
OP Offline
It sounds exactly like what we are looking for! When we got married on AC a couple years ago, we stayed up north, and we didn't like having to take a boat into town all the time, so I felt like I missed out on a lot in town. How far of a walk is Mata Rocks into town?

web site says 20 minutes

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
OP Offline
I'd like to know if the 20 minutes is accurate.

N
N
Hi again Turnbun:

I don't think the 20 minutes is accurate UNLESS you walk in town from the beach side. We walked in from the beach which is way more enjoyable than walking on the dusty street and it did take about 20 minutes. If you take the street it should take you less time, maybe 15 minutes.

You may want to get a golf cart OR you can ride a bike which is FREE at Mata Rocks. They have quite a supply of them and are first come first serve.

Hope this helps,
New England Girl

it's close - I did it everyday at least 2x a day for 12 days this yr - and it clocked the same as it did last year, proving town has not moved.

Hey NEG - welcome back to chilly Maine

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Turnbun---The bicycles are for daytime only, I think....We always have a golf cart so can't say for sure on the time, but I think they are pretty close on 15----20 min....It's a lovely walk on the beach...Several great 'STOPS" on the way...ENJOY...John cool wink smile

John
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.