Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#66240 04/10/03 04:06 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Is Ramon's too touristy? They seem to have everything we are looking for, but we don't want to be caught in a tourist trap. We want a nice pool and bar to hang out at, good diving with top notch operator, and nice ocean view from our room balcony with a decent beach to put our feet in the sand at. Also looking at Xanadu. What's the take on these two from all you experienced AC travelers? We don't really care about the kitchenettes, frankly I don't want to cook - It's my vacation!

Everyone's different, but in my opinion, Ramon's is pretty touristy. Xanadu looks pretty interesting though. You will have a great time no matter where you are though.

I just got back from AC, my first time. We stayed at Ramon's and absolutely loved it. The staff was wonderful. The pool is great, Julio the bar tender rocks. The grounds are beautiful. Our individual hut was VERY clean. They provide bottled water and the air cond. worked great. It is a short walk into town. We are staying there again next year!

Jesse
Hi, we stayed at Ramon's for a week in March for our first visit to San Pedro. My time in Belize was literally the happiest time of my life. I didn't find Ramon's to be overly touristy at all. It was amazing. The staff was very very friendly and helpful. Tony would bring us drinks from the bar whether we were in the pool, swimming in the ocean or lying on our beach chairs. (We love you Tony!) I was really comfortable there, physically and mentally. We had a beachfront cabana. (Room#60) They had fresh flowers from the grounds in our room everyday and also provided everyday ice for our cooler(filled with Belikins)and a gallon of fresh drinking water. The rooms are not huge but, who cares when you have the entire beach and ocean right in front of you. Our little front porch was literally 25 feet from the water and framed in palms. I would lie in bed at night and look out my window to the moonlit ocean. It was just an incredible experience. The grounds are beautiful. Lush vegetation and flowers everywhere. The pool is like a jungle paradise. I thought Ramon's would be noisy and the beach a little crowded but it was neither of those things. All the tours will pick you up at the Ramon's pier. If you snorkle, there are hundreds of fish at the artifical reef at the end of the pier. The location is convenient to everything. I could go on and on. If I don't stop talking about it I am gonna cry because I can't wait to go back. We both loved staying at Ramon's and when we go back next year we will stay there again.

S
S
Xanadu is a great place, but does not have a bar on-site; good dive operation is right next door. Visited Ramon's frequently, but never stayed there; never considered it touristy; their bar and beach are quite fine. Enjoy...

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 154 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.