Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#66745 04/15/03 01:44 PM
OP Offline
These are the places we hit last year and things we did. What did we miss last year that we should be sure to fit in this time around?

Any details on when to go as far as bars, what meal to eat (B, L or D) as far as restaurants go and what tour and operator as far as any of those that are real worthwhile.

Here's what we did last time..

Bars we stumbled too..

Fidos
Sharks
Purple Parrot
Squirrels Nest
Jaguars – Karaoke Night
Crazy Canucks – it was dead though, what are the best nights to go there?
Palapa - Sunday
Pier House – Chicken Drop

Restaurants

Jambel Jerk Pit
BCs BBQ on Sunday
Rico's
El Patio – Only disappointment among them
Mangos – lunch
Estels – Breakfast
Fidos
Caliente – Favorite!!

Tours

Cave Tubing with Seaduced
Hustler Catamaran to Caye Caulker (didn't like the hammock middle though, we were afraid of dropping our stuff into the water or getting it splashed)
Snorkeled Shark Ray and Hol Chan

So what did we miss last year that we should REALLY be sure to do / go to this time around??? Whats worth making sure we do and why? Are there bands playing somewhere on a certain day to go see, etc...

Thanks a bunch!
Andrea in Atlanta
18 days and counting

Andrea in Atlanta
#66746 04/15/03 02:03 PM
You need to go to Crazy Canuks on Monday.

And I guess you haven't been down to Papi's yet for dinner.

Oh and there's a funky little place that just recently opened on Middle Street, I can't remember the name of it for sure but I think it is the Jungle Room, or something like that. Cute place to go for one drink. Don't go if you've already had a bunch and I wouldn't stay for a bunch either. The floor in there is enough to twist a sober person's ankle but I sure like the way it is decorated otherwise.

I really enjoyed renting a private boat that took us all the way up north and we could stop at any resort we wanted along the way. Took less than the whole afternoon and we got to see the sunset as we headed back to town. We also had him take us back on the river and drop us over on the lagoon side at the bar that used to be the Boatyard.

Then another day, we rented a golf cart and hit all the resorts down on the southside. Got a tour, had a drink, repeat.

The other thing I like to do is walk or golf cart all over the backside. See how the people live and where they shop. There's a new supermarket back there. I didn't have time to stop in and check prices, but maybe next time.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#66747 04/15/03 02:43 PM
OP Offline
(Ok.. adding Papi's and Monday for Canucks to the list.. )

Seashell, The boat rental idea sounds good. Who did you rent it from, how much does it run $US wise and how many does it hold?

Thanks!
Andrea

Andrea in Atlanta
#66748 04/15/03 02:45 PM
G
G
You didn't make it to Coconuts and meet Margie/Ada? Must do. Also eat at Papi's!!!, Lilys has some great breakfasts. Get Tulu down at Coral Beach dock to take you snorkeling/fishing/BBQ at Mexico Rocks & Tres Cocos. Go on a sunset or all day trip with George Eiley on the Rum Punch - that's a blast and the Rum Punch is a cool old boat!

#66749 04/15/03 02:45 PM
E
E
SATURDAY NIGHT MUST.....The Hide a Way !!!!

#66750 04/15/03 03:57 PM
We used Armand Badillo for one thing, great guy, loved his humor for one trip we took and a guy named Tito (somebody or other, I think it was) for another trip we took. Tito's boat was a bit nicer if I remember correctly but he didn't have Armand's humor or ability to make himself understood to us gringos. Another person you might consider is Juan . . oh shoot. I can't remember his last name suddenly. However, you can find any of these guys if you ask at Amigos del Mar. All three are independent but Sabas at Amigos will be able to direct you to Armand's house, which is just around the corner from Cholo's. And Melanie can call Tito for you and anyone of the guys should be able to help you find Juan because he used to be a divemaster for Amigos.

I just adore Juan. He's a young fella and has a nice boat with two motors.

Prices will vary based on what you negotiate and gas has gone up again. So you are probably looking at around $100 (give or take $20). Not a big deal at all and well worth it if you are 4 or more. We were only two and so I clenched a bit a first but it was still well worth it in the end.

I don't want to bad-mouth anyone. Tito was very good to us, but I really think we would have had much more fun with Armand or Juan.

Having our own boat, on our own schedule . . .heck, we felt like we were living the lifestyles of the rich and famous. Don't forget to take your bathing suit. Maybe you can hop in some pools or the ocean on your way if you get hot. We forgot our suits. Also, I forgot water. Might not matter so much though if you are doing the pub crawl at the resorts.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#66751 04/15/03 05:07 PM
I second Saturday night at Hideaway. We walked by there by chance our first saturday night in San Pedro . Very fun and I think Belikins were $2.00 US.

#66752 04/15/03 05:16 PM
You should eat at Papi's, do the Lamanai Tour, and things I want to do my next visit as well: Snorkel/Dive Mexico Rocks, hire a private boat to Barcalar Chico, tour SilkPainter's studio on Caye Caulker, parasail, kayak the lagoon, and a whole bunch of other stuff I cannot think of right now.
Nice dreamin' about the NEXT time tho, isn't it? smile

#66753 04/15/03 05:18 PM
O
O
ME!! wink

#66754 04/15/03 05:19 PM
laugh Your turn is coming soon!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.