With prices in almost the same range - which one should be picked

1) Xanadu
2) Carribean Villas
3) Palms
4) Banana Beach

Please adives in terms of location, convenience, amenities

Thanks

#66986 04/21/03 01:16 PM
We stayed at Banana Beach last year and loved it, so will be staying there again in 12 days. Its south of town a ways, but in walking distance.. though we preferred to use a golf cart as those things are so much fun to drive!

They have 2 pools, a restaurant and bar, onsite travel shop to rent golf carts and book trips. They also have most rooms with an ensuite kitchen / sitting area with a little dining table that seats 4, sofa, coffee table, full sized fridge, range, microwave, dishes and pans you can use. We like the oceanfront suites as the balcony looks right out to the ocean and beach area. Our beach area is groomed with beach chairs for your use, Mata Rocks right next door has a cool beach bar called the Squirrels nest as well which we frequented. The front desk can deliver cases of Belikens to your rooms. There is a hairdryer in the bathroom already (one less thing to pack this room) and most of all, the folks running the place are fantastic!

I don't know anythng about the other hotels you mentioned, but if you do a search on all of those on these boards I am sure you will find a lot of good info!

Andrea in Atlanta
Banana Beach Bound in 12 days!

Andrea in Atlanta
#66987 04/21/03 02:22 PM
S
S
All 4 are excellent for the money and each has their own personality and specialities. Caribbean Villas is the best for our money for all that it encompasses. With only 10 rooms and suites, it is small, quiet and personal. All suites and rooms are oceanfront/beachfront with full sea and reef views. The Villas are located on 3-ish acres of land with gardens & bird sanctuary, 2 hot tubs, free bikes, 300 foot pier with swimming and snorkeling area, hammocks and grills. The staff at Caribbean Villas love their guests and work and have been there a long time. CV does not accept commissions from guides or tour companies, so you get objective recommendations and bookings and in some cases, cheaper prices. The owners live on the property and are involved in day to day operations. If you book directly with CV, ask for a discount from posted prices. We also like Xanadu - very nice condos that are well built and quite functional. It is also small and quiet with free bikes and kayaks. Both CV and Xanadu are about 3/4 mile south of town, a very pleasant 10-15 minute beach walk or quick free bike trip, so it is easy to go to town for shopping and fun, but come back to a quiet place for relaxing and sleeping. You'll be happy with any of the 4 you listed; the owners and managers of all 4 are dedicated to operating great places. Happy trip!

#66988 04/21/03 02:26 PM
The Palms is really nice and right in town, more of a busy atmosphere though. It has a nice catamaran yacht dock in front, fun to watch the activity from the porch. Banana Beach is in a quieter 'hood. I would stay at Banana Beach if I had the choice I think. It is in a great neighborhood on the south end. They are both really nice, but Banana Beach has more of a laid back feel, its beach area is more off the beaten path.

#66989 04/21/03 07:48 PM
They may be similarly priced for some of their rooms/suites, but overall they have quite a range of prices, and the four are pretty different in amenities, size, spiffiness and style:

With the new addition, Banana Beach is by far the largest of the four-- it has some 65 rooms and suites. And it also has about the greatest variation in rates, from under US$70 for an interior unit to pretty expensive four-bedroom units.

As Sandy C notes, Caribbean Villas is unusual in that it has some undeveloped land around it (I assume that when it is sold that land will eventually be developed.)

The Palms is right at the south edge of town, with Banana Beach farthest away (about 1 1/2 miles) and Caribben Villas and Xanadu in between.

Caribbean Villas doesn't have a pool; all the others have pools (Banana Beach has two, though they are in the courtyards).

All are well-managed.

Xanadu, Banana Beach and The Palms are somewhat similar in spiffiness and amenities such as cable TV. Caribbean Villas isn't bad, but perhaps not quite up to the others.

You can't go wrong with any of them, but I guess if I had to make a decision, and assuming that prices for the type of units I was looking for were close, I would choose one of the seafront one-bedroom suites at Banana Beach or one of the units at Xanadu.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#66990 04/22/03 08:16 AM
G
G
Lan,
FYI, Banana Beach rates should have gone up as of yesterday. They now incl. buffet breakfast in all rates and govt hotel tax is not included. The under 68.00 rooms are now $81.00 dbl occupancy.

#66991 04/22/03 08:52 AM
GailM, nice website under your profile.

Dare To Deviate
#66992 04/22/03 01:48 PM
Pricey breakfast. What all are they serving?

Especially now that it is almost low season.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#66993 04/22/03 08:44 PM
D
D
We enjoyed Xanadu. They have free bikes and kayaks. It's fairly small but has a nice pool.
Enjoy!

#66994 04/22/03 09:10 PM
S
S
Originally posted by spooky:
With prices in almost the same range - which one should be picked

1) Xanadu
2) Carribean Villas
3) Palms
4) Banana Beach

Please adives in terms of location, convenience, amenities

Thanks

TTFN
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.