Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
My girlfriend and I are trying to decide which beachfront casita to stay in May 4-8. Ramons, Xanadu and Captain Morgans are on the list---any preferences, opinions, warnings, etc?
We like restaurants, nightlife and a pool...some diving.

Since you like nightlife, you might not want Captain Morgan's, as it's on North Ambergris and getting back and forth to town after dark isn't as easy if you are staying North.

Ramon's usually gets a more active crowd than some of the other hotels on the island.

The units at Xanadu, while they have thatch "hats," are actually concrete monolithic domes. Inside they are very nice, but if you are looking for a more traditional -looking thatch cabana, they might not be what you want.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
OP Offline
thanks Lan!!! didn't know the north/south thing at night---to clarify, south is better for late night transportation, etc.....right?

Hi, we stayed at Ramon's in a beachfront room for the first time this past March. Room# 60 on the side of the beach without the seawall. I really loved Ramon's. The room is not very big, but we didn't spend much time in it anyways and it suited us just fine. The water is 25 ft from your porch. I could lie in bed at night and see the pier, palm trees and water from my window. The staff provided fresh flowers, jugs of distilled drinking water and ice everyday. The pool is incredibly beautiful and so are the grounds. It is very close to town and lot's of great restaurants. If you do any tours they'll come and pick you up at the Ramon's pier. The staff is very friendly. I could go on and on. When we go back in August (I hope!) we'll stay there again. I have alot of pictures of Ramon's on my website. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/iwehmeier/index.html (Just click on any thumbnail for a larger image)
Feel free to check them out and ask me any questions you might have. Have a great trip!

M
M
If you want nightlife, you definately want to be either in town, or the near South, unless you really like to walk. The hand bridge shuts down, I think at 8:00 p.m. There is, of course, boats, and they are beautiful trips, but it gets expensive if you are doing it every night.

R
R
smile Most definately the choice is Ramons Village. The individual casitas are smaller but much nicer and more romantic then the huge (ugly in my opinion, sorry R.V.)two story 4plexes. The individual units are 15ft x 17ft and have a great cold a/c. Grounds are beautiful, cool pool & great bar. Also in town so it is easy to go bar hopping & dancing in the middle of the night. wink
My second choice would be Captain Morgans. Also a beautiful place but you would not be able to party in town at night.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.