Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
Hello everyone,
We're planning to take the bus from Cancun to San Pedro as the flight from Montreal to Belize City is very expensive.
We'd like to know what buses/taxi/ferry to take to get to San Pedro. How long does this trip take? Are the connections ok or you have to wait for hours at certain points to catch the next bus? Is it safe? Is it worth the while? (apart from the great $avings?) Is the border ok?
How expensive it is for two? We would appreciate any additional information on the subject also. Thanx a lot,
Maria

On this site go to the "travel hints" and then scroll down to Getting there - from Mexico. It tells where and what. Takes all day from Cancun/Playa del Carmen and cost some where under $100 US each way depending on if you fly or take the boat. I have not done it yet but plan to next winter. My advice is if you are staying 10 days or more it maybe worth the time to save the extra money. How soon are you planning to come down? Right now Belize has ban Canadians from entering the country. frown I do not know for how long. There is an article in the San Pedro newspaper, which you can read on this site.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
indy -

ban is no longer in effect

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
D
OP Offline
D
Hi Indygal:
thank you for the info. We'll be in San Pedro early in June for 14 days. Not banned anymore...uh!

peek at:
//AmbergrisCaye.com/help/

under coming in by land....

Wonderful!!! smile To be ban from paradise would be a very bad place to be. Enjoy. We will be in AC May 8 to 16. We were there in January and it was to cool to swim. Expect to swim plenty this time.
Life is good.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.