Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
thill Offline OP
OP Offline
We are planning our first trip in October. I have been doing research. But it seems like talking to people is easier than reading about it, in a book.
I am just curious about how much we should budget for spending, we are staying at Captain Morgans. We are planning on staying for about 10-14 days. We are planning on getting married there. Any info, would be so great. Thanks

As far as food, i plan on spending the same as i would eating out all the time at home. its probably a lil less, but then i eat a lot...

other spending, well you need to go at least snorkeling a few times, thats say $25 or $30 a person times 2-3 times. thats if you aren't a diver. dives are about $50 for a couple dives in a day. plus tips...

then gotta go dancing, sweat hard and dive into the sea, then return to dance floor and sweat hard again. hmmm. so a few drinks there.

trip to the mainland is really fun, say to Lamanai or Altun Ha. thats $75=$150 or so a person, depending on which one you go to and how long of a trip it is.

we like to get up north on the island and have a picnic at robles point, thats really fun. very remote up there...

well theres a start.

Do a survey of how much moving around you want to do. I.E. some folks (and I know why... cool ) don't get past the pool bar at Captain Morgan's, where others might want to drive the golf cart into town and "adventurate" more. Golf cart rentals/info are on this site. The alternative is the ferry and that's not all that cheap (don't quote me on rates, I don't know 'em)Besides, the best nude beaches will be remote spots you'd drive to, hehehe.
Chris

Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen
T
T
thill, hope you have a great time, hope to be back in AC again in Feb. 2004, just so you know drinks will run you $5 or at most places $6, beer is cheaper, especially if you get it directly from the distrillary(sp), but dont let the price of the drinks scare you, paid more, paid less, but in AC for us it was well worth it!!!! Golf carts... we rented one for six people half a day.. around $65.. I'm sure you can probably get a better deal especially the longer you rent one.... Food.. in our opinion, you can spend what you want, BC's has great burrito's, and great drinks, very reasonable,and so many other great places, you can pick what you want and spend what you want!!! As said before hope you have a great time and we cant wait to get back

the drinks prices T quoted must be BZE $$ while the golf cart is US$ per day, not half day.

...local rums drinks are never $5 or $6 US...at least I have never paid even close to that amount

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
B
B
$100 a day US per couple for food and drink
each excursion is about $75 per person--$100 if you buy the tee shirt. On a honeymoon , plan on at least 2 trips: i full day snorkle + 1 full day mainland trip.

Works for me: Send the hubby someplace by hisself, a vicarious journey for you and a good precedent for the future, My dad said," I married your mother for life, not for lunch." You're married, not joined at the hip.

T
T
just to clarify i did drink margaritas and bloody marys, and yes they were $6 US and $12 Belize, everywhere except at wet willys where the glass was smaller and so was the price it was $5 US or $10 Belize, sorry about the golf cart, we did only rent for 8 hours, hope the info helps!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.