Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
booboo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hey out there! Have any of you ever used Aqua Divers at the Sunbreeze for reef fishing charters? What can you tell me about them? Thanks, Booboo

Going to ask you silly questions here. Are you sure AquaDive is doing your fishing trips?

Or is Sunbreeze arranging the fishing trips for you with other Fishing guides?

Are you on a package deal?

Hubby did fish with Enrique of AquaDive half day.
They caught fish, but Enrique took him fishing cause he did not have anything else scheduled that half day. It was Father's Day.

Dare To Deviate
B
booboo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi Chloe, Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, we do have a package deal which includes five half day reef trips. I'm just assuming that the trips will be supplied by Aqua Divers since I checked out their web-site and found that they do offer fishing. I'm just a little bit concerned, if in fact they are the folks we will be fishing with, because I've heard some less than positive things about them when it comes to diving. Any other info that you may have is sure appreciated.

Thanks, Booboo

Hi Booboo, my first thought was SunBreeze would hire others for your fishing trips, but I could be very wrong, due to not being there since Jan. 2002.

We used their package deal, and our package tours were with other local operators on SP, but arranged by SunBreeze, other than snorkeling and that one fishing trip. SunBreeze will work with you, not to worry.

Email SunBreeze or AquaDive, and ask who you will be fishing with? Their email addy's are on their site under Lodgings.

We do not dive, but love, Enrique as my personal snorkeling guide. He watches over me.

Sorry if this sounds rambling, I should not watch TV and post at the same time :p .

Dare To Deviate
B
booboo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks Chloe, I'll get in touch with them and find out for sure. Maybe we'll get in touch with Enrique also. Like you, we are not divers, just love to snorkel, and like you I like having someone looking out for me. Can't wait to ge down there! We're not leaving until June 28th, but I'm like being there vicariously through this site! It's our first time there, and I've heard so many great things about it JUST CAN'T WAIT!

BooBoo

Booboo, Enrigue towing my butt out to the reef looks like a comedy act. Truly I do try to help.
I lie flat like an ironing board, hanging on to the ring and rope for dear life, and float with my mask and snorkel in the water watching my Fish and Coral, Enrique calls out, Mom are you ok, I just lift a hand and signal OK, never lifting my face out of the water.
He tells me everything I am looking at by name.
On the way back from the reef, he does say MOM would you flip the fins every now and then......LOL.
For real, if it were not for Enrique
I would not have felt safe enough to have enjoyed all our great snorkeling trips........I love the view under water, and have had to conquer a huge fear of water. Most people do not believe my fear, and ignore it, but not Enrique.

Just tell him, you need his help and advice, he will do whatever it takes to show you all the coral and fish.

Dare To Deviate
B
booboo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hey Chloe, That's a riot! Really funny, I was envisioning it as I read, and it really made me giggle. Fortunately, I'm not quite as insecure as that in the water, but there are times when I don't feel fearless. Anyway, Enrique sounds like quite the guide. We will definately check him out. Who does he work with?
I did e-mail Sunbreeze, and they will be using someone other than the crew with Aqua Divers for fishing. Oh, did'nt you tell me Enrique was with Aqua Divers? Anyway, tanks a lot. BooBoo

Oh Booboo there are many snorkeling funnies with me, remember I am an Old Texas gal, 65 this year and did not learn to swim until 42.

Enrique is with AquaDive and has been for many years.

I felt they would farm out the fishing trips, and that is good, they will find the best for you.

I've had other snorkeling guides, that pretty much dumped you in the water and you were on your own, except they would do a few Shark and Sting Ray tricks for you.

Depending on the currents, it can be kinda hard swimming/snorkeling all the way to the reef, from the boat unless you have a guide that leads you.

Dare To Deviate
B
booboo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hey Chloe, good for you! I just hope I'm still alive at 65 let alone out there snorkeling and having a good time. Listen, I don't know if you've ever been there, but Bonaire is by far the most incredible snorkeling we have found anywhere. We travel a lot, and have been to loads of islands, but we've been to Bonaire six times. The attraction there, is that you have direct access from shore to the reef literally anywhere on the leeward side of the island. No need for a boat to take you anywhere. You just drive up to a spot that looks nice and swim a few feet and your at the reef. Bonaire is great too, because it's so laid back and relatively untouristy. We started going there about fifteen years ago, and like all places that are so great it is gradually being discoverd by more and more people, but you really should check it out. You'll love it! Boo

Thanks, I receive offers for Bonaire all the time.

If I went to Bonaire, I would miss AMBERGRIS and the wonderful people. San Pedro is like going home to rest and eat good, then snorkel.

Dare To Deviate
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.