Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#67954 05/06/03 05:14 PM
indygal Offline OP
OP Offline
After a few days I always want a good burger. I know someone said a few weeks ago. Please tell me again. Thanks

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
JB's if you are going to the mainland...

HL Burger King on middle street SP otherwise.

El Divino at Banana Beach has phenonemal sirloin burgers and Sweet Basil up North have good burgers too. Both made with home made bread to keep the excellent beef in good company.

I 2nd Banana Beach. I didn't have a burger (I was there for dinner, and they weren't too open to me ordering off the lunch menu), but had the filet mignon - and it was phenomenal. After seeing shoe leather meat on other people's plates all week at other quality restaurants, it was great to see true high quality beef.

I think El Devino is your spot.

indygal Offline OP
OP Offline
Great - thanks. Staying at Banana Beach for the first few days. Will be there tomorrow!!!! laugh

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
oh man... I can't remember the name right now, and don't have time to search. Starts with a L and they do grocery shoppin ta boot if ya need it. It's on the board under lodging and all I believe. Heard they had the BEST burgers there!

C
C
In all due respect to El Divino, which I visited while I was on that beautiful island 5 weeks ago, I have to tell you, I consider myself an expert on burgers. I make it a point to seek out the best where ever I visit. If you haven't tried the burger at IT Bar near the airport, you are missing out. I consider it an 8 1/2 on my scale of all time burgers. Don't leave the island without trying one.

Hope are you talking about that Lagniappe place? Ate there, the food was great. Actually, only ate there and El Divino. Hope I will email you regarding paint set.

YES Becky, that is the place, thanks mon!!!

Why don't ya call me collect, I don't pay for them... wink 303-744-1162
I was a wonderin about them paints...

California Kid: After you mentioned the burger at IT bar I HAD to go and try it, especially when you suggested that it was better than El Divino's offering. So, I went there for lunch. It was 4/10 in MY book The meat was obviously from a good cut but it was badly overcooked. Had the beef been cooked jucily it would still have had a hard time making up for the bun. This was straight from the local bakery, not home made and not very tasty. I actually had the cheeseburger and paid $1.00US for a slice of Kraft processed cheese (that was the only difference I saw between my cheeseburger and my pal's hamburger).

I ate it all because I was hungry, and if I were hungry again and at the IT bar I would probably order another one. BUT! it is not the best burger on the island by a long chalk and is not worthy of inclusion on any list of meals to try during a vacation. California Kid, to your credit, I did go there solely on the strength of your post, so "Well Done" for the effective advertising (effective in the short-term at least).

El Divino and Sweet Basil make a far better burger. All home made, all REAL cheeses and fine meats, home made bread, great fries, in other words, a REAL burger. I too have to make a visit to that restaurant that begins with "L" to see what theirs are like.

On a MUCH more positive note; I was at Portofino yesterday fixing a sick computer and had lunch there. I had the beef fajitas. What a delight, quite the best I've ever tasted....the beef comes served in a sizzling pan, the juices are to die for, the spices incredible, the veggies and sauces are super fresh and tasty and the flour tortilla is home made and delicious. $10.00US makes it one of the best values on the island. Their lunch menu looks out of this world and I hope I get lots more excuses to visit Portofino and try everything else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.