Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
susano Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm scheduled to arrive in BZE at 3 pm on Sunday, so my arrival in SP will be probably a few hours after that (sooner I hope). Will there be any grocery stores open late Sunday afternoon on the island or do they tend to close down? I realize I'm leaving the US where 24 hour grocery stores are common!

S
S
Hi Susano,

Pretty much all of the grocery stores will be open on Sunday afternoon.

I'm also going to do a blatant plug here, if you would rather have your groceries pre-ordered and pre-delivered to your vacation property prior to your arrival check out Lagniappe Provisioning at www.lagniappe-belize.com (yes, it's my company, hence the blatant plug).

Cheers,

Simon...

The grocery stores are not only open Sunday afternoon, but a few of them open well into the evening too.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

S
S
Nancy's Store is open everyday but 2 all year long and stays open until about 9-10:00PM. It is small and local and operated by a wonderful family. Better prices generally than the more "upscale" stores on the island - if you don't see what you want/need, ask, sometimes it's in the back storage room. Your taxi driver from the San Pedro airstrip will know where it is - it's only a few blocks from the airstrip on the south side of the old football field.

M
M
Half the fun is just wandering into little Mom & Pop stores and picking up things you need, but the "larger" stores are open, too. Be sure to stop at one of the street vendors and pick up a nice, golden pineapple for your breakfast. Oh, they are so much better than pineapple in the North!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.