05/08/03 01:30 PM
05/08/03 01:30 PM
South Florida
B
beach bob Offline

beach bob  Offline
B
Hi Big Al,

Sorry, no story to submit. I just registered today, this is my 1st post (insert sound of cork popping). Sure liked that hat tale ! (do I get a vote? wink )

Anyhoo just posting to let you know, I'll be a first timer as well. I'm gonna be there w/ my family in July ... Sat 7/19 to Sun 7/27 ... perhaps we'll bump into each other? May have to do some logistics & meet for a beer. Maybe I'll get motivated & start a thread about it: July travelers ...

Just wanted to dip my feet in, so to speak, & say HI! to all. Really appreciate all the good info I've gotten here lurking about and searching for info off these boards over the last few days. A real good bunch of people here. In the meantime, see ya on the sands cool

Re: Tell me one good story #68008
05/08/03 02:45 PM
05/08/03 02:45 PM
Maple Grove, MN USA
Bobber Offline
Bobber  Offline
Will plagiarize, anythime, anywhere, for a
Belikin smile

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Re: Tell me one good story #68009
05/08/03 03:00 PM
05/08/03 03:00 PM
South Texas
Chloe Offline
Chloe  Offline
Ok do not duck and run from another story from Chloe. Will try to tell something new, since this board is speckled with our many days on Ambergris.

Planned a no nothing day of rest and relaxation from previous 10 full days of tours and activity.

Each one of the 5 in the group got up at different times, staggered out to find food.

Our Artist, came back from food run, with paints, she had bought at the hardware stores, and a bucket of black she borrowed from a local sign painter on Front street.

Finally the Artist carried out all the drift/collected wood/sticks, and tree branches she had collected over the past 10 days, driving us nuts stacking this in the boat and in our rooms. We poked fun at her, saying watch out she will gouge out your good eye, and oh look another perfect stick.

Now all of SunBreeze was involved in this art class in the courtyard, housekeeping finding rags, others wanting to know what is this, and a cutepie little precocious girl in training to run the resort, had to PAINT. Well the painting was off and running. We that love the Artist tried to show interest, taking directions on which stick to base coat in an important color.

Ok, the kvetching started, Artist said we drank all her tea, and ate all her limes, but had not done much in getting those sticks painted. Like we cared! The words were flying, so we four not degreed Artists, took off w/o permission.

Three grandkids and gramma rented a golf cart,
rode south looking for the Croc and Wish Willy.
Still fussing over the Artist's attitude, and one word lead to another, by the time we got to the Caye dumpsite. We decided to get off the cart and beat the crap out of each other, talked about it so much, burning up the anger, we got happy and laughed at what the local paper headlines would read. Old Texas Gramma Beatup in Dump by dumbass Kids.

We took turns driving the cart, while others critiqued our driving, and fussed because our cart did not have the big lug type tires.
Wore that trip thin, stopped for a great lunch at Caliente's. Found the nerve to return to the Artist, which was still hard at work, finishing the last of the sticks.

Surprise, we all were thrilled with the results, and the name tags she had for each stick, to be given to many of our favorite local people, that had made our visit on Ambergris the best vacation. Of course we slackers wanted our names on the tags too, imagine that!

Some of those painted sticks are still on display in San Pedro, Thanks to Cyndy.

Dare To Deviate
Re: Tell me one good story #68010
05/11/03 06:10 AM
05/11/03 06:10 AM
B
Big Al Offline OP

Big Al  Offline OP
B
Need more stories!

Good one Chloe.

A

Re: Tell me one good story #68011
05/12/03 11:48 AM
05/12/03 11:48 AM
San Pablo area of san Pedro, A...
Beachy Offline

Beachy  Offline
beachchair blender tourqoise pink and sky
rush of water past my boat slip slip into soft island time sunlight ray swims past my mask reading paperbacks as I bask in depths of blue at eighty feet flickering fish catch the light just right as I swim swim through tunnels dark as nightlife dining crickets song and gecko chirps mingle with (panty)ripping sounds of punta and laughter here abounds we happy lovers pass the church afternoon adventure is a Satan search in golf carts that bounce and lurch as iguanas rumble into brush the basilisk more in a rush to find a shady palm to sleep: bliss is called a hammock here a lazy dog stops to scrach his ear in the road on downtown street where people walk in bare feet dawn comes early our boat arrives dashing fast we see our lives in history of ancient times Mayan ghosts sing from the trees howler monkeys fulfill the needs of godlike trees that hide this place and meet the seas with handshaking rivers snaking snaking through mangrove reeds. This is the place where my heart will live my soul finds this place with simple ease
home is here in my Belize.

Beachy

Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Yesilivehere), 187 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics75,333
Posts490,705
Members19,968
Most Online5,530
Jun 13th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.