Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#68263 05/13/03 10:16 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Hello all, beach bob here... I'm relatively new to Ambergris Caye msg central smile Appreciate all the good info available here, it's been a big help to me.

Onto the question: My family & I will be coming to AC in July for a week & a day (1st time to Belize); checking my itinerary, the plane arrives ~11:30am from Miami, which will actually be ~1:30pm, FL time. Expecing little to nothing for food on the plane, I'm thinking about grabbing a bite to eat near the airport once I'm through customs & etc. We'd then taking a later puddle jumper to AC. Any suggestions on nearby eats? Good & convenient would be preferred over fancy. Thanks in advance cool

#68264 05/13/03 11:39 AM
M
M
Bob

Just go upstairs above the In County Airline Desk to eat. It is Belizean food.

Cheers Mango

#68265 05/13/03 11:59 AM
Sure you can eat upstairs in the airport restaurant.

I would not need to do that, I would grab a bag of chips, and a Belikin beer at Jet's bar in the waiting lounge of the airport. Then get on the small plane and head to Ambergris quickly. Throw my gear in my room, and run down the street to a restaurant on Ambergris, for a very relaxed first meal on the island.

Dare To Deviate
#68266 05/13/03 01:54 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I would not need to do that, I would grab a bag of chips, and a Belikin beer at Jet's bar in the waiting lounge of the airport. Then get on the small plane and head to Ambergris quickly. Throw my gear in my room, and run down the street to a restaurant on Ambergris, for a very relaxed first meal on the island.
Somehow I knew I'd get that response laugh I'm just nailing down options... good to know I won't starve either way :p

thanks Chloe & mango for the info ...

#68267 05/13/03 03:09 PM
If you want to experience Belizean food (and people) in an authentic place in BZ City, I recommend Nerie's Restaurant on the corner of Queen & Daly. Yummy & inexpensive. There really IS much more to Belize than Ambergris Caye (much to the surprise of many regulars on this board). I know I will get flak for saying that but it's TRUE!!!!! Go for it!!! It's not too far from the municipal airport where you can then fly to AC for less anyway!

#68268 05/13/03 03:24 PM
No flak here. I tend to agree. I have noticed some of the tourists filtering into the mainland from AC, recently. I like to see that. Yes, they are amazed with their tours mainland.

Depending on your time schedule, try a mainland day, maybe on the way home, we did and it was great. Belize City amazed me. I'm glad we took the time to go to AC, CC and Bze. City.

Generally we spend time mostly mainland and a smaller caye for our visit. We had read so much here about the San Pedro part of AC and the good parts of Caye Caulker too. Did it, expanded some to the cayes, now back to the mainland for us, next visit.

Lots of good food, no matter where you go, try new. smile

#68269 05/13/03 11:22 PM
T
T
Barbara K., I tend to agree. But, Belize is SO diverse. There is the Belize of Placencia, which I love, but has a very Garifuna, Creole flavor. Then there is the Belize of San Ignacio--more Mexican, Spanish speaking, with some Mayan feeling. The Belize of BC, bustling, crowded, raucous. There is no ONE place which says "I am Belize". It's such a mixture, and a rich mixture, at that! laugh

#68270 05/14/03 09:50 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Barbara K: Nerie's Restaurant, made a note of it. I was already considering the municipal airport frugal traveler trick, this would work nicely I think... Thanks a bunch smile

NYgal:

Appreciate the good ideas... we will be staying in San Pedro, & take a daytrip to the mainland at some point for a tourista day: ruins, caves, something :p As we have a mere 8 nights for the summer vacation, I have to strike a balance for those involved; the wife likes to relax, I am more go go go, & we gotta have a pool for the kid. Always a juggling act for me on the planning end; I tend to pack in too much running around. But I committed to 8 nights one place; no unpacking/repacking this time!

Different destinations on the mainland will have to wait their turn till the next trip wink

Thanks again for the responses everyone cool

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.