Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
NEDiver:

AH!!! I am 24, F, and traveled solo too...
I love it, I never want to travel with friends anymore because I had such a wonderful time and experience on my own! When are you going and are you going to Belize for sure? Ok, so There are places to stay to keep in your budget... Ruby's was $18/night and breakfasts in AC can be found for as low as $3. Pedro's Backpacker's Inn I am going to check out next time, it is $20 and includes a large dinner each night and internet use for 30 minutes per day. Also, I have found some nice places where you can rent per month for $450 which is great. There are tons of things for non-divers to do there.... I had never dived before going and I cave tubbed, snorkeled, went to the ruins, hung on the beach... And as far as layed back, THIS IS THE PLACE. I love the people, the culture, everthing and everyone from there. You can go out to and not run into what you said you don't want to run into, it's perfect. I wrote a message topic on why I love belize, check it out for more details. It is under 'about ambergris caye' link. Where are you from? I am from Minnesota and have been in Nevada for 3 yrs now. Interested in hearing from you...
KE

ps.

According to the friends I made who are Belizean in AC hurricane season is Sept, Oct...

NEDiver Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to Gela, Crawfish, Chloe, Seashell & Pedro for weighing in...

Ke - I share your opinions on travelling solo. I'm 28 now and just finishing up grad school, but have been traveling on my own ever since I was in the Army and stationed in Germany.

Different mindset -- the flexibility and freedom to change itinerary on the spot is terrific and I end up meeting a lot more people. When I do travel as a pair, it's easier to cocoon yourself.

I would consider renting a place for $450/mo., but one of the nice things about hostelling is that it's so conducive to meeting other travellers and gathering the latest info and getting a quick sense of the budget options available.

I'm very close to finalizing Ambergris Caye as my "home base" to do the divemaster training and will be looking for specifics on how to pass the time that I'm above water.

Are there any schools, etc. that might need help from volunteers to teach English? Or any other nonprofits in the area?

I would like to contact some of you directly, but I don't see a way to link through. My email is: [email protected] if anyone wants to sidebar.

Louie

ps, seashell - I spent Nov & Dec in Vietnam, and would love to do Thailand/Philippines/China, but still iffy about SARS (hope this doesn't open another conversation altogether!)

lol, Thai Travel Government Agency is offering $100,000 to any traveller that can prove that they caught SARS in Thailand

I'll email you about some of the other stuff
smile

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.