Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#68978 05/26/03 06:07 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I am planning a trip to AC in June. I have been there several times, but never traveling alone. Can anyone recommend a safe place to stay, looking at 2-3 weeks? Also, how I could go about meeting people and taking some trips to the mainland??? Thanks!!! MEL

#68979 05/26/03 06:32 PM
Hi Mel,

After you decide on where to stay, your hotel front desk will be happy to set up your mainland tours and the tour operators will pick you up at your dock.

Banana Beach is a very safe place to stay, and you have many choices of suites or rooms, all very nice. I would say most established resorts or hotels are safe.

Jim

**Jim
#68980 05/26/03 06:45 PM
O
O
Hi Mel,
I travel there by myself all the time and never have a problem talking to people,safety, finding things to do and now I have no worries about health issues either. I haved stayed at Banana Beach three times and feel very secure,being a single female traveler.Your trips are easy to book at the onsite travel shop-Monkey Business.
Jackie

#68981 05/26/03 08:25 PM
Hi there, I went to Ac for the first time in June, alone, and everyone was fabulous. I am excited to return in Aug. I stayed at Spindrifts and they were wonderful to me and I felt very safe. It was $45/ night. What made you decide to go to AC alone? I had a wonderful time there and will always go there by myself...you meet so many more people and I couldn't imagine being there with people I already know from home!
KE

#68982 05/26/03 09:40 PM
The Mayan Princess is also a very safe hotel. There is really only one entrance and it always has someone at the desk. I felt very safe there . . .maybe a little too safe (hee hee).

OK, just kidding around a bit. Seriously, it is a safe hotel and it also has a safe in the room for your valuables. The balconey's are just heaven. Make sure that you get a room on the second or the third floor though, if you decide to book with them. The first floor rooms are not really accessable from the beach due to the spiny plants in front, however, you will feel that you have more privacy from beach traffic, if you are higher up.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#68983 05/26/03 09:42 PM
Sunbreeze was a safe stay for me.

Dare To Deviate
#68984 05/26/03 10:02 PM
M
OP Offline
M
K.E.,
Thank you for the Spindrifts. I will check them out. Do you know if they offer long term rentals? 1 month or so. I have never traveled alone much, but I thought I would try it. I would like to have people to travel with, unfortunately most of my friends either can't get away or their idea of vacation is someplace other than AC.!!! What made you decide to go alone?
Mel

#68985 05/26/03 10:12 PM
Mel if you are staying for a month, wouldn't you want a place with a kitchenette?

#68986 05/26/03 10:19 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Seashell,
Yes, I do need a place with a kitchen. I think from reading the messages, it might be a good idea for me to book a place for a couple of nights then find someplace when I get there. Does the Mayan Princess have kitchen? I have contacted so so many hotels and resorts and are unable to get any responses from them. Thank you for your advice. Mel

#68987 05/26/03 10:28 PM
You are quite welcome Mel. Yes, the Mayan has a kitchenette. The suites are nice studio type units. Check out the website. There are two rooms shown. One is an end unit, you can tell because there is a window on the wall adjacent to the patio, but the other is a normal unit. The pictures are a very fair representation of what you get.

It doesn't have a pool and it is right in town.

Use the search feature to check out the Mayan and what people have had to say about it. Even just do a search on my posts, key word Mayan, and you will find a wealth of threads and info from all sorts of people that have stayed there.

And yes, you understood me fairly well. Depending on what time of year a person goes down (and you are going in June), looking around for yourself, is the best way to do it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.