Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#69844 06/16/03 10:15 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Hey--I read you report and it was great. We're going down to Victoria House the first week of July and I was wondering if you might answer some questions for me. Did you have any problems with the mosquitos and how bad was the wind? What was your favorite place to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Thanks for the info!

#69845 06/23/03 11:57 AM
S
S
Hello....I thought VH was wonderful. I never had any trouble with bugs there, except when I was checking out. I got a couple of bites in the lobby. I thought that was kinda funny! When I was on the golf cart I had forgotten to put OFF on and I think I got some bites on the North side of the island. VH was a bit windy, but I liked it. I never got hot and it was so cool there. I don't dive, so I guess it can be bad if you do that. My favorite place for breakfast was Ruby's---have the chicken and bean fry jack add Marie Sharp's hit sauce and then get a cinnamon bun all for the bargain price of about 2.50. I must say, VH food is pricey, but it is really nice to have breakfast around the pool. And they have homemeade yogurts that are incrdible--try the pina colada. They also have great pastries and there is a sausage factory on the island that they get there sausage from and it is fantastic! Hope this helps and have a wonderful time!

#69846 06/23/03 12:01 PM
S
S
Oh I didn't see the lunch, dinner............ We had a couple of our meals at VH, because there food is really tops. My favorite dinner was Capricorn which I write about in my trip report. I had a terrific garlic, shrimp, and cheese pizza for Jerry's Crab Shack and A DELICIOUS, if over priced, meal at Elvi's.

The places I was sory to miss were Mickey's and El Patio. I had wanted to try those.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 280 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.