Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Greetings boarders,

The Saga Humane Society is looking for persons who may be visiting the island over the next while and who would be interested in donating one or more of the items on our current "wish list". If you are interested in helping out please e-mail us at saga@btl.net for more details.

Saga Wish List

Acepromazine - 25mg:

We use this drug in pill form to tranquilize animals that are being captured during our dog round-ups to lessen the stress on the animal. Our supply is almost completely depleted, as we have been very active the last few weeks. We have placed an order but it is not expected to arrive until the end of July and we only have another weeks supply left. We would greatly appreciate a supply of 100 tablets.

B/W Inkjet Printer (new):

Our printer went on the fritz last week and the price of a new printer down here is ridiculous. The only stipulation is that it have a parallel cable port.

Answering Machine:
What is it with electronics on the island? We can barely decipher the messages on the machine and a new one would be greatly appreciated.

Cat Traps:

We are starting to focus on the ever-increasing cat population on the island. As the dog population decreases the cat population is increasing and we need to capture and care for those felines that are in need of help.

6 Foot Throw Net:

Your local animal control officer could source this item; there are some animals that we just can't get close to under any circumstances (many of you who have visited have probably seen the large grey hairless dog that is covered in sores, we have been trying to capture and help out this dog for almost a year). Sometimes the old hot dog trick doesn't work and we need to have a backup.

Assorted Dog Collars (Nylon):

In order to identify dogs as being owned, Saga provides free collars to low income families for their pets (the owner must bring in their pet for a check up in order to receive the collar).

Net Gun:

Okay, this really is a wish item as they are quite expensive but boy would it make life that much easier and radically increase the number of animals that we could safely capture. This item and many other animal control items we could use are available through www.animal-care.com .

Golf Cart:

Hey, had to try!

Any contribution you can make would be GREATLY appreciated and would be put to excellent use for a great cause.

Thank you for your continuing support of the Saga Humane Society.

Cheers,

Simon....

Let's all help out with this wish list! Simon, I will email you. I am taking donations of items and $ here in Austin and hope to get at least some of what you need for SAGA Society. I can coordinate getting it down there to you. smile smile smile

Animal health is so important to a tourist destination. To sustain that industry along with the local island economy, animal health and wellbeing must be considered as a high priority. Believe me, pets are princes in the places our tourists come from and I've personally seen how tourists are totally devastated by witnessing some animal issues on the island which can be resolved with more monetary contributions and resources. I have been a foster mom to many animals on the island and how I wished I had access to better trauma care or at least euthanol for the very hopeless babies I was tending to. I will always care for those in need because I am blessed. Please do the same if you can too. We can make a difference in so many ways.

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello all,

I just wanted to address a few issues that were brought up in the posts above.

In regards to where the money goes, anyone is welcome to make an appointment to review the books of Saga. We are also about to undergo an audit to ensure that all is in order.

As far as recognition of donors goes please watch for an upcoming issue of the San Pedro Sun.

The cat population is an issue and if you'll note above we are looking for cat traps to help resolve the problem. Our old traps were lent out to persons on the island who failed to return them promptly and now they cannot be found. Cats are also very difficult and dangerous to deal with hence the delay in dealing with the issue.

Saga does a pretty damn good job considering our resources and if it was to cease today it wouldn't be long before poisoning would start taking place and animals would be suffering the most inhumane of deaths.

Cheers,

Simon...

Good input SimonB.

Things did seem to go away from your topic.
I was hoping it would go back to it's intent.

Thanks for bringing it back.
You are doing a good job. smile

I *ve also got 2 dogs from the animal shelter--and not only do they talk to me---they seem to have a lot more soul than a lot of people I know. we--the flo clan--will be back for thanksgiving--and as usual will have suitcases loaded not only for saga but for the schools too.
peace, papa flo

I am absolutely looking forward to volunteerimg for SAGA when we move!!! Am going to take a "vet assistant" course so i can be even more helpful...and anyone who thinks an animal does not have a "soul"....well, well....i'm just gonna shut up about it!!! C

E
E
Just thought I'd share some positive attention for the Saga Society. We adopted 2 dogs from San Pedro 2 years ago. They were profiled this month in a local paper here in Portland, Oregon called The Dog Nose News. It has quite a following, so hopefully Saga will get some additional attention, as they listed their web site. Here's a link to the paper's web site, with the article (minus photos).

Cheers!
laugh

E
E
Oops, let me try that again. Here's the web site for The Dog Nose News article w/ the link to Saga.

erin Dog Nose News article mentioning the Saga Society

i have scubs and surgery to donate and can send with cheri.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.