Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Chris Offline OP
OP Offline
My wife and I went there last night....what a DELIGHT!! The menu is huge, the place is spotless, just 6 tables although I am sure there is room for more. The owners, John (Yorkshire lad) and his lovely Thai wife Tipi(sp?) are fantastic folk. We had mushrooms on a stick and a great shrimp and mushroom soup for starters (no idea what it's called in Thai, my memory isn't that good)....the starters were FANTASTIC....totally tasty, all ingredients super-fresh.

For the main course I had a beef dish with a super-tasty gravy and rice with lots of veggies.....again, no idea of the name, just super-good eating. My wife had an angel hair type pasta with shrimp and other goodies....again, super tasty. The food by itself was $43.00US altogether which is really reasonable considering the quality of the cooking and the size of the portions. This is not "artsy-fartsy" microspic portion sized overpriced eating....this is great food at decent prices.

The plates arrived hot, the food was served in the middle of the table on candle heated platters....from the first mouthful to the last the impression was one of freshness and good taste.

It's located close to Island Internet and the old La Margarita restaurant...on the way to the Tennis club.

What a gem....this brilliant little restaurant has just made property values in the area shoot up by about 10% overnight!

They only open for dinner (no lunch, I hope that changes soon!!) and they close on Wednesdays (all good people deserve their rest).

If you were to visit Tastes of Thailand once a week it would take you a year to get through the menu!

We shall return.

T
T
thai food rocks

Glad to hear of the new Thai restaurant. My family loves Thai food, and we'll be back in San Pedro first week in July.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
Thanks Chris,

I love Thai food so I'll be sure to try it.

yeah, thai sticks are one of my favorites

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
T
T
they can be a bit hard to digest, though

ingest, not a problem, digest, i'd go with space cakes.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.