Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#70244 06/26/03 01:36 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Just returned from a great week on AC. Stayed at Xanadu. Yes, there are two buildings under construction, but I was never once bothered by noise or the presence of the workers. The staff at Xanadu was great, especially Alex. We liked the food at Elvi's, even if it was a bit pricey. The food at Jerry's Crab Shack was always good. They even opened a few minutes early in the late afternoon so we could enjoy some ice cream. La Palapa was a great find while riding bikes up north. Just the thing to cool down during the heat of the day. I must report that Barefoot Watersports greatly disappointed our group. We had contacted them numerous times over the last few months about waterskiing while in AC. We were repeatedly assured that they offered waterskiing as one of their "watersports". When we checked with them after arriving, we were told that they didn't offer water skiing and have not been offering it for several months. That lie cost them several days worth of diving/snorkeling dollars that I spent elsewhere.
We enjoyed the Lamanai tour through Tanisha and diving/snorkeling through Ambergris Divers. AC is truly a special place that I would highly recommend.

#70245 06/26/03 09:04 PM
A
A
Sounds like you had a great trip. We will be in AC staying at Xanadu's 2nd week in July. Will keep in mind disapointment of Barefoot Water Sports. Thanks!

#70246 06/26/03 09:26 PM
AZRAT----We will be staying just south of you at MataRocks July 4th----11th. The Squirrel's Nest (at Mata Rocks) is a great beach bar.... Drop by any evening & most likely we will be there...Just ask for that crazy Texan.. cool laugh

John

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.