Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RobertE Offline OP
OP Offline
Has anyone bought a drum in Belize made by local drum makers for actual use? I'm sure they can be found down towards Dangriga and Placencia. Wondering about availability around San Pedro. Any personal experiences/thoughts welcome or contacts.

Thanks,

Robert

You can make drums and/or take drumming lessons with Emmeth Young, a master Creole drummer in Gales Point.
I have seen some drums for sale at the arts shop by Fidos.

CND Offline
We bought a hand made drum from Charles Miller he has a little craft shop in downtown Hopkins got some really cool hand painted fish also.
Chris

Oh read the whole post before posting :rolleyes: "in San Pedro"

RobertE Offline OP
OP Offline
Emmeth looks like the guy to talk to. Found his website. Just need to venture on the mainland next trip. Oh well, guess it means I'll need to take a longer vacation

We stayed at Manatee Lodge in Gales Point. They sent a boat to pick us up in Belize City and took us down the canals and through the northern and southern lagoons to get there. If you have a car you can get there driving, but the boat ride is interesting. We had a few drumming lessons with Emmeth and enjoyed meeting the residents of Gales Point. Only stayed a couple of days, but it seems like the whole town waved and said good-bye as we left. It is one of those places that makes me smile when I think about it.

L
L
Hey RobertE: A drum is something that I would buy a kid if I didn't like their parents!

Oh dear God, tell me he doesn't want to bring drums into our house. Isn't it bad enough that we live so close to Boulder?

LOL

- - -
"Everywhere I turn all the beauty just keeps shaking me." Amy Ray, World Falls
I'll try not to make so much noise....NOT! AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

boys need drums, just say YES, Loie! You could benefit as well. Those early mornings after a late night when somebody doesn't wanna wake up?
Very subtle alarm clock, drums.

This I gotta see. Robert taking drumming lessons. If he's any good me & Pirate will have to start a band! (completely laughable)

- - -
"Everywhere I turn all the beauty just keeps shaking me." Amy Ray, World Falls
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.