Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Dan, the bigger question is: now what have you learned from your experiences? eek

D
OP Offline
D
Learned? That an uneventful vacation is a memory. But add one drop theft, a sprinkle of bureaucratic mishaps, a pinch of misinformation, and a whole lot of naivete and you've got yourself a story for the ages (hyperboles notwithstanding).

How's that for a life lesson?

Originally posted by Sir Isaac Newton:
Yo! This guy is from NY (like I was). We eat insults for breakfast. cool

And whoever said nothing compares to NYC (especially AC), you're absolutely right. :rolleyes: But you got it all wrong. I would rather have a ripped up shack on the beach than a townhouse on the upper end of CP. JMHO

SIN
SIN that was me that wrote that nothing compares to NYC and if you read my post what I said was that as much as I like SP nothing compares to NYC in my mind.

I don't believe that you should advise me if I have it "all wrong". Maybe NYC is not for you doesn't make it necessarily wrong for me.

Again, another example of the local posters to this web,taking offense...Rolleyes

My contribution to the longest thread campaign -- gonna need some help to beat the "anti-social" gang!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
I feel bad about my previous post. I didn't mean it to sound as if I was ragging on you. It sounded very humerous to me, all your mishaps. Not the theft itself, but everything that insued later.. It was definitely entertaining and I loved your blog style. Enough said? Keep writing and blogging.

Good luck Dan, ya only gota about 905 more posts to approach record status.....how much steam ya got reserved wink

( and someday I'll tell ya bout my capture by Cuban soldiers in Grenada, then we'll compare ineptness by those in the hospitality world wink )

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
D
OP Offline
D
Yeah. It looks like we ran out of steam. There's only so much something you can make out of nothing. No hard feelings - and believe me, this was a very rewarding look into a new community.

Especially considering that I'm currently in the midst of writing a long First Amendment paper on the nature of free speech and private censorship in the context of the internet. This was all helpful fodder for my mind.

The End ??

(and, perhaps, subliminally the real reason behind the post wink

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Good one! Just have to give a comment on the following:

5. When the power went out - they refused to leave the bar to light a candle in our room, yet they did it for other guests. They were mad at us because we had been complaining about the disrespectful service.

Don't think they were mad with you; this is an example of the efficiency of the staff; let me explain:

After confusing an outside spot at a busy public road with a safe place to put your valuables, who knows what you might have done alone with a candle in your room!!

They were protecting you against yourselves! I hope this one helped to reach that posting record.

Live and let live
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.