Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#70621 07/11/03 01:52 AM
A
OP Offline
A
I am taking my wife to belize for our 5th wedding anversery and need some advice?? I will be staying 7 days and I am fearful of the weather already.. I will be their in august, so First off is that OK??? Second I am having a few troubles with Hotels In ambergris cayo. I have seen MANY hotels and read the forums, I see many like Banana Beach but I am turned off by the fact the area in front of their Hotel isnt for Swimming??? I cant imagine going on vaction to an ISLAND and having to go to other properties just to swim..SO what are some Nice Hotels that the experienced ppl here recommend? I am not cheap, but dont want to spend $200 per night for offseason though..I was looking at $125-$175 per night in that range. Also what do you think between BLANCANEAUX LODGE OR JUNGLE PAW for my stay in the jungle? Thanks in advance for any help rendered..

#70622 07/11/03 04:03 AM
Well, what you need to realize first off is that Belize is not known for its' beaches. This is simply because of the barrier reef, which prevents the typical wave action that you might expect. However, many of the hotels on AC now have pools. Many have nice beachfronts, sand, etc but not the type of water you associate with a beach.

Blancaneau and Jaguar Paw are both excellent places inland. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Stop worrying about the weather. What will be will be.... even though you are going in the "rainy" season, the island doesn't get the constant downpours all day long. It may or may not rain for maybe an hour, then the skies clear and everything is nice again. Actually many people welcome the brief rain.

#70623 07/11/03 08:19 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks for input..I did read that Villas at Branyan bay has a swimming area, are they the only ones?

#70624 07/11/03 08:37 AM
No, more and more pools are being added to hotels on AC... Check out the "Lodging" section on here... if a place has a pool, they are certainly being listed.

#70625 07/11/03 09:01 AM
We stayed in a beachfront room at Ramon's last March and are returning this August for a week. The beach is very pretty and well maintained and you can swim off the beach there. You can also swim off the pier. They have established an artifical reef at the end of the pier so it's very nice for snorkeling. They also have a really beautiful pool. I was also a tiny bit concerned about being able to swim because of the seagrass, but I wasn't disappointed at all. We swam off the beach all the time. Ramon's is a great place and in your price range. Check out our vacation photo's if you want. There are lots of pictures of Ramon's and the beach. Have a wonderful time on your trip no matter where you choose to stay.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/iwehmeier/index.html

#70626 07/11/03 09:10 AM
S
S
Recommend you check out Caribbean Villas Hotel - it's well in your price range and you receive lots for your $ there. They have a 300 foot pier with a swimming and snorkeling area at the end. The owners live on the property and they "lap" swim everyday in the sea from the pier. No island beaches are very good from which to swim, in our opinion. We think the August weather is usually fine for vacation - a passing tropical wave can bring summer showers, but summer showers can occur at any vacation spot. The island would be a fun anniversary location. Enjoy!

#70627 07/12/03 11:53 AM
You CAN swim at BB, just not "right in front" - move 15 yards or so the north and voila!~

MAr de Tumbo, between BB & Banyan Bay is one the nicest swimming areas on the island, IMHO.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#70628 07/13/03 05:40 PM
Belize does not have the greatest beaches in the world but who on earth told you you couldn't swim at Banana Beach? I do it all the time. There can be some large rocks for the first few yards or so but those are just about anywhere you go. And the seagrass is not that bad.

#70629 07/14/03 09:34 AM
K
K
Actually, one of the nicest places to swim is up North, right before the split. There is a public beach and nice docks all around! Only one hotel though! And remember all beach front, forget how many feet, is public property, so to speak! You can not own it, just pretend that you do!

#70630 07/14/03 12:03 PM
Kippe, what do you mean . . only one hotel?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.