Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#70789 07/16/03 09:13 AM
J
JohnF Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Our family is thinking of travelling to Ambergris the week following Christmas with another family. Total of four adults and five children--2 16 year old boys, 2 14 year old girls and a 12 year old girl. Any thoughts on where to stay--some, but not all, in the group dive and have been diving in Ambergris before and the divers would want to continue to use Amigos del Mar. Thanks for any advice.

Once again, I would recommend Banana Beach...wherever/whoever you want to use to dive with the travel shop there can help you get it arranged...restaurant/bar on premises, small but pretty well stocked store across the street, nice beach bar next door, nice beach area, two pools, clean spacious rooms. Be sure to email for rates, you might get a really good deal (although I think the "normal" rates are reasonable for what you get) if there is a special going on. YOu really can't go wrong there.

JohnF, speaking from our family experience in San Pedro at Christmas and New Year's, with 3 teenagers.

Sunbreeze was perfect for all of us, and we toured several resorts, and the kids agreed, our Sunbreeze location worked well for all our ages.
This coming from 3 very opinionated kids.

Close to town, for shops, restaurants, video gameroom, and the ice cream shop Mannalley's.
We felt comfortable allowing them to enjoy town on their own, being so close by.

Reminder, the weed salesmen will approach them, they have many quick lines, to attract the teenagers attention. But, NO THANK, works.

Oh Sunbreeze is next door to the library, hahaha, not that they visited library.

We had the most wonderful family Christmas, fishing, snorkeling, and day boat trips to isolated beaches.

Dare To Deviate
Check out Banyan Bay or The Palms. The both have very nice 2 bedroom suites. If some of your group know Ambergris already, then you may be aware that the Palms is next to Ramon's, closer to town than Banyan Bay.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

S
S
Xanadu Resort has beautiful condo units of varying sizes that would fit whatever family distribution plan you wanted. They have a beautiful beachside pool, free bikes and free kayaks. Amigos del Mar will pick up the divers at the Xanadu pier. Many island resorts sell out for the holidays quite early. Merry Christmas...

CARIBE ISLAND....I have just gotten back from there. Two years running and my kids can't wait until next year. If you have children, you can't beat Caribe Island who has a wonderful pool and without a doubt the nicest beach on AC along with a water trampoline. My kids were jumping off it at 1AM in the morning. Your kids will love it there!

There is only one cure for baldness. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the guillotine.
my kids loved caribe island too. i took them last year. i understand the palms is nice too, but we wanted more privacy.

here is a pic of my kids on the caribe beach, pretending they are hermit crabs:

http://www.pbase.com/image/19186852

How bout renting a house for your stay? Casa Caracol is beautiful but there are others. Just a thought...

Holiday availability is already very limited - especially for the larger units. I wouldn't wait too long to book something.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.