Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
dc Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Where to stay in AC???? 1st time visitor, I've been to the Bay Islands this year and wanted to visit Belize. Where is the best villa or casitas? Best place to swim from your resort? I am gearing about the sea grass, whats up with that?

S
S
We've stayed at Caribbean Villas since it opened. Far enough from town for quietness, but easy 15-ish minute beachwalk to San Pedro. Only 10 suites/rooms on 3 acres with gardens, bird sanctuary, hot tubs, hammocks, free bikes, large beach and long pier that is great for swimming and snorkeling - they keep the swimming area free from grass. Wonderful, caring staff. Beach grass grows on the sea bottom and fosters wildlife; it can be a little annoying for swimming from the beach, but swimming from piers is great. Have visited your other 2 choices and they are very nice also. Each of these 3 has their own personality and we're sure you will enjoy whichever one you choose.

J
J
Between Victoria house and Captain Morgans. I would sudgest Victoria House. Its wonderful, very classy with manicured grounds. It was Considered to be one of the best if not the best on the island.
Captain Morgans had its own charm ,more rustic. far from town, not good swimming from beach, Trash Dump out behind the resort is awful. But they do have great food and fun atmosphere.
Im not familar with your third choice.
Have a great time, you will love it no matter where you stay.
Hope this helps.
Lisa

We stayed at CM's in May and really liked it; in fact I just booked a return trip for this November. I'm not real familiar with your other two choices, but from what I've heard VH is very nice too. The good's of CM are a wide beach, not much (if any) beach traffic, very friendly staff, good food. CM's also has a generator to keep the power running in case it goes out (which is not uncommon). The only knock may be that it is not in town - which may/may not be what your looking for. You can catch one of CM's boat's to/from town (for free), you just need to check with the front desk for the times.

Regarding sea grass, it is along the beach at CM's. The good thing is their swimming pool is on the beach and overlooks the ocean. Therefore, if we wanted to swim we went to the pool (which also has the bar right next to it!).

I agree with the response above, you'll have a good time wherever you go. If you want a more extensive summary of CM's let me know and I'll get you my email address.

Hi jamblu-
we're staying at CM's next month and would like to hear about your experiences at CM (this will be our first trip to AC).

jennifay:
If you don't mind, email me at [email protected] and I'll reply with my comments. I just don't want to take up a lot of room on this message board with them. Don't worry, there good!

L
L
Has anybody got any information about Seven Seas? According to the info I have found, they seem pretty reasonable for what they offer?

Having a bit of experience with all three, my choice would be Caribbean Villas for sure.

B
B
Are you a late night partier? If so than you may not want to stay at CM as you can't return late at night. VH and C Villas are <1/2 mile from each other, 3 miles South of town. Either would be fantastic--VH is Classier--Dark wood and a handsome plantation feel. CV is Terrific also has free shuttles 3 or 4x a day. I'm partial to CV but VH is also wonderful.

S
S
Big Frank,

Maybe you have Caribbean Villas mixed up with another resort (Caribe Island?)? Caribbean Villas is about 3/4 mile south of town and does not have shuttles since they have free bikes and are an easy beach walk to town. Caribe Island is a neat place also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 91 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.