Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71500 08/01/03 03:45 PM
OP Offline
I'm thinking of going to ac for 6 weeks this winter. I want enough time to get a real feel for the place. I will be traveling alone. Is that too much time? Too little?
Any recomendations on a 6 week rental? I'm pretty laid back and can always loose myself in a book.

Jimmy, We will be there at the same time. We like the Royal Palm and got a really good rate for 2 months and some friend are coming for 2 weeks were also given a great rate. If you book now probably get a good rate-closer to winter the rates will go up of course. The Royal Palm is condos on the sea with a nice big pool and central air. 15 minute bike ride to town, but several bars and resturants near by. If you like a lot of people around then Banana Beach might be better. If you are looking at just a room in a buget place there are several in town that others on the board know more about.
As for is that enough time, guess that depends on you. Is this your first trip? People are friendly. You might book something in town for a week to kind of get the lay of the town and then book a month or 5 weeks at Royal Palm or Bannna Beach. Bring plenty of books they are hard to find on the island. Will be glad to trade with you. Tell us a little more about what you like or are looking for and we can better help. It is a wonderful place. We have been 3 times in 19 months.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Be sure to ASK for a discount.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
OP Offline
Indygal,

This will be my first trip to ac and Belize. I'm looking for a place that is reasonably quiet. I like the idea of spending a week in town then the remainder outside of town. Would I have a problem booking the last 5 weeks outside of town after I arrive? How about mail? How do you handle that? Groceries? Transportation? Any info you can provide would be helpful. Thanks!

In that amount of time I HIGHLY recommend spending some time on the mainland in the jungle or elsewhere in Belize. San Pedro is cool but it is not nearly the only cool place in Belize!

Several Grocery stores-no problem
Your hotel or condo will pick you up at airport or take a taxi-cheap. After that walk, bike(rent) or rent a golf cart or taxi.
If you are going down 1st part of January, you would probably be OK to wait till you get there, but Febuary is High season so you probably will not get any deals and some places will be booked full for parts of Feb.
We don't mail anything. Have mailed to Belize takes about 10-14 days. We e-mail.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.