Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71702 08/10/03 02:08 AM
kerry Offline OP
OP Offline
hello everyone....wanted to share a piece from johnathon's book with you....he passed away in march of 2001....we had always dreamed of travel, belize....etc...but never did together....always came up with excuses on why we would put it off....he was 48 when cancer took over....he wrote this on feb. 11, 1999....thanx for a place to share his feelings....here we go...

dreams and reality:******************
what are they and how they depend on one another.

we all have dreams, but, what do we do with them?
we know we have to deal with reality, but, we have our dreams to "keep us going". do we really ever succeed with either?

often our dreams come in second to what reality dictates. sometimes our dreams dictate to our reality.

mush, that's all it is. mush, mush, mush.

we need reality as much as dreams.

now, we have to talk about what reality is. or as best as it can be perceived on an individual level, which is your personal conception. yes, conception, because it is you, that create your dreams and realities.
a balance must be created.
our dreams are as real as the reality we "know". we create them both.
as it turns out, reality is the never ending garbage we toss upon our dreams. thus supressing them into only wishes that never come true.
but, it isn't that way at all.
dreams can't come true without reality, because you need a certain amount of what is real to get you to the point of actualizing your dreams. the major focus is on keeping your dreams alive.
dreams must not be confused with fantasy. that is another piece.
i dream of personal mental well being, of financial security, of stable relationships, both personal, as well as "work" related issues.
i dream of paradise, for all to enjoy.
but, paradise, or personal well being, cannot be achieved without being stabilized with your own ability to know where the two begin and end.
dreams will come true after you acknowledge the fact that you control the reality around you. not the other way around.
then you can have your dreams and "reality" too.
then maybe your dreams, become your reality......

johnathon....2-11-99

just a thought...kerry wink

#71703 08/10/03 11:45 AM
T
T
Kerry...thanks so much. My hubby almost died at the beginning of this summer. Heart attack...he's never had any cardiac symptoms, 42 yo, no personal or family risk factors, very athletic and healthy in general. We had been to Belize 3x, Bali and elsewhere. Next trip...Italy. Our new motto: don't say "we'll do that next year,". Life is short, enjoy.

#71704 08/10/03 07:33 PM
AWESOME.

Dare To Deviate
#71705 08/10/03 08:57 PM
Now that is meaningful if anything is, trully an inspiration piece. Are there children in the family who will fulfill these dreams?

#71706 08/10/03 09:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I read at the beginning of a book this phrase-"It's not a daydream if you decide to live it and make it your life." That has become my motto. Some people think we are a little crazy to sell all our stuff and move to Belize next year. I tell them-Why not? Life is short and you might as well enjoy it.

#71707 08/11/03 12:36 AM
kerry Offline OP
OP Offline
trina...yvw..glad to hear that your hubby pulled thru laugh age doesn't seem to matter....things just happen...no one knows when their number will come up....my kids are grown, with lives of their own....so, now, while i am still young enough to enjoy myself, that's what i plan on doing....i'm not going to be one that puts things on hold til' later....i may never have the opportunity later on to do them....gotta just live life, day to day.....we never know when it may be our last....happy travels to you and your hubby laugh

#71708 08/11/03 01:03 AM
kerry Offline OP
OP Offline
chloe, waterworld and woodland.....thanx for the kind words....and waterworld....as for the children, sure am hoping that they will take the time to fulfill their dreams....hope some of our thoughts have sunk into their minds....lol!!!!

a

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 183 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.