Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hi all! I've really enjoyed reading all your posts....some good advice (mostly...ha)
My friend and I are leaving next Tuesday (Aug 12) for AC. She does not dive. We'll be staying at the newly renovated (or so I heard)Aqua Marina hotel and I will be diving with Aqua Divers. The package was put together by Neil Watson (FL) and they have a pretty good reputation. I've heard Amigos del Mar was the best dive outfit there but I am locked in to Aqua Divers with my package. Hopefully they are a good outfit! I have my own scuba equipment so all I really need is a good boat! :-)
Any advice on restaurants...good places to hang out on the beach...entertainment...and tours would be GREATLY appreciated! Looking forward to your replies. :rolleyes:
Jennifer

Don't think Agua Marina Suites was renovated much, though it has reopened recently under "new ownership" and some work was done. It was only open a few months when it closed. The typical Belize story about who got the money and how much continues ...

I'm sure you'll have a great time.

If you'll search here using "restaurant" as your key word you'll turn up a bunch of stuff.

Among my faves are, at the upper end, Capricorn, Caliente and Blue Water Grill; at the middle range Jam-Bel Jerk, Papi's, Jade Garden, Sweet Basil; inexpensive Los Cocos, Ruby's (for breakfast), and the vendors at Central Park. But there are many other good places.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
OP Offline
Thanks Lan. Your books Adapter Kit Belize and San Pedro Cool just arrived on my doorstep yesterday (via Amazon.com). I am really looking forward to going through them. Thanks for the tips!
Jennifer cool

Check out the food at Cannibal's (potato boat!!) Don't miss Rubies for a quick breakfast (2 large coffee's, 2 pieces bannana bread and 2 huge glazed doughnuts for $4.00 US) Look into SEArious for your snorkel trips. Jeffrey from SEArious is a wonderful informed guide. Definitely snorkel Mexico Rocks and Tres Cocos. Most important have fun, have fun, have fun! We are going back on August 18th. 12 days and counting!!!!! mobunny laugh laugh laugh

Oh yeah, check out the Palapa Bar. laugh

OP Offline
Thanks, Mobunny. I won't be checking out any snorkel trips as I spend all my time underwater! JenLoves2DIVE...DIVE...DIVE :p
Just kidding...I will check out that group for my non-diving friend. Thanks for the food tips!

Jen - If is not part of your package. Check with Amigos Del Mar for a day trip to Turneffe Atoll or the Blue Hole. I'm sure your package includes local diving but to get some fabulous diving, do the day trip if you can. Your frined can probably go along too as a snorkeler.

Check out BC's bar next to the Sunbreeze hotel where Aqua Dives is located. They have an awesome BBQ on Sunday's and have cheap, quick eats on other days like awesome burritos and sandwiches for cheap. Tell the crew at BC's Robert and Loie sent ya. You'll be treated well.

Enjoy your trip and dives. Wish I was going as I got dive bug pretty bad

Duh!!! I get it now! We took the Altun Ha/Maruba Spa and Manatee/Goff's Caye/snorkel and the Caye Caulker tour with SEArious. Willie is also great guide. Have a great trip and fun diving!! mobunny laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.