Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71944 08/10/03 09:19 PM
53995 Offline OP
OP Offline
I stayed at the Portofino last year and would like to book another stay, but the office phone seems to be disconnected (never a good sign)...

Is there something happening on AC (either with the phones or Portofino) that I should know about?

tia...

#71945 08/10/03 09:27 PM
The tel no. is 501-220-5096,and it is doing very well(occupancy rate is high)-if you have any problems tomorrow send me your email and I will forward it to them.

#71946 08/10/03 09:32 PM
53995 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hmmm... yep, that's the number I've got... I've dialed it several times over the past couple of days and I get a recording saying that it isn't a working number.

Thanks for the offer to help (and I may still need it), but I've got Jan's e-mail addy and I'll give it a shot (I didn't want to send the note first just in case...).

I can't wait to come back... third visit coming... and (I hope) many more to follow...

#71947 08/10/03 11:40 PM
H
H
Originally posted by 53995:
Hmmm... yep, that's the number I've got... I've dialed it several times over the past couple of days and I get a recording saying that it isn't a working number.

Thanks for the offer to help (and I may still need it), but I've got Jan's e-mail addy and I'll give it a shot (I didn't want to send the note first just in case...).

I can't wait to come back... third visit coming... and (I hope) many more to follow...
Hi Tia, My name is Steve and i am the General Manager of Portofino. I am sorry you have had trouble trying to reach us. The last few days we have had many power outages. We are on fixed cell phones up here and when the power goes down our phones go with it. If you try tomorow and still cannot reach us please write to our front desk for reservations at info@portofinobelize.com and Tracey will respond to you the same day. The power outages have only been for 10 to 30 min. at a time. We are still here and business has never been better. Looking forward to hearing from you soon and booking your 3rd. trip
Thank you
Steve

#71948 08/11/03 10:03 AM
we just stayed there, and man was it great. incredible rooms, really good food, very friendly and efficient staff, wonderful relax space, kayaks, cool snorkeling just right off a ways, can't go wrong....

the phones and internet were A-OK, and the tv too! one of us couldn't seem to keep a kayak rightside up, but they shall go unnamed....

#71949 10/06/03 04:55 PM
I thought, when I'm on the Telephone issue anyway, I might as well answer to this one:

We have a huge telephone problem (with calls from abroad) in San Pedro. According to my family in Europe and Canada, it usually takes about 1-3 hours of redialing to get through. When I travel abroad, I have the same problem, and I have system in eliminating the problem; it usually ends in emailing the resort and ask them to call fault report in Belize. This always does the job for a few days.

I am sorry to say that the best way to get in contact with us is emailing. We have considered a US 1-800 number, and decided that that's not a good idea, as you get connected with somebody who isn't in Belize. Tracey from reservations answers the email and is at the resort all the time; actually her computer faces the beach and the sea, so that you have firsthand information on Portofino and Belize!

Jan van Noord
www.PortofinoBelize.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.