Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#72333 08/20/03 08:27 AM
stevej Offline OP
OP Offline
bag packed, off to Caribe Isle and adventures await.

#72334 08/20/03 10:09 AM
Hope you have a great time! Can't wait for a trip report when you get back cool

#72335 08/21/03 03:13 PM
Have a great trip!
You are just going to LOVE Caribe Island...
We have been to Ambergris Caye six times and have stayed at CI our last five! We really do enjoy it there!!!

#72336 08/21/03 06:22 PM
checking out caribe island...what can you tell me about it? how far is it from town and what's the best way to get into town? can you walk? or have to pay for golf cart or water shuttle?

what's close by?

what are the suites like? two people...don't need much...but a great view and a private balcony...

looks like a nice place from the bit i've been able to see...

#72337 08/21/03 07:46 PM
Hi mikell, welcome to the board!
Caribe is about 3 miles South of town. Huge beautiful beach and pool, lots of loungers and hammocks, and really great folks. No water taxi necessary at all since your South of the cut.
We have walked to town more then several times and we are nearin 50 and smokers with kids. lol If it is REALLY hot and no breeze, bring a water bottle (or a Belekin)and pace yourself, stop in at all the resorts on the beach on the way to town and have a drink. (thats a lot of fun to do anyway, you get to check everything out and meet new people too) CI also has a free shuttle which goes to town and back a couple times a day/night, not to mention free bikes as well. They have water tramps off the dock, free kayaks, and if you fish and don't bring your pole you can buy line, hooks, and bait, and fish right off the dock, and have the restaurant cook it up for you! YUMMMM We do sometimes get a golf cart because we want to visit friends who live all over the Island. You could also hire a cab to town for $5.00. And I'm sure you could hire a cab for a “tour” as well for maybe $15.00. (give or take) So ya really don't need a cart. Although I really think everyone should get one for at least one day and tool around on your own. It's an adventure and you get a better feel of the Island!
Nothing is so close to CI that you will be disturbed by partee people. (Unless you be a partee people as we sometimes are, then we start the partee and others join in eek ) There are private homes for a spell going North before you hit any resorts and directly South of Caribe is Sunset Beach Resort. (We have only seen maybe 1 group of folks there every time we go so no noise from there) After SBR there are more private homes. Check out the maps on this site they are pretty accurate. Gosh... can ya tell we really do love this place... laugh!
With only two people you could do either a mini suite or a 1 bedroom. We have stayed in a 1BR, a 3BR, and a 1BR attached to a mini and were pleased with all. laugh Last time I looked at their web site it had pixs of all the units, so check each one out. Also I suggest you e-mail Vicki at [email protected] and she can give you any additional info for your needs and wants. OH, OH, don't forget to e-mail them with your kitchen needs prior to arrival as well: ie stock your fridge with a smoked chicken from the Sausage Factory, and a case or two of Belekin. lol just to name two of our necessities. hehehe
Wherever you decide to go have a GREAT trip!

#72338 08/21/03 08:17 PM
sounds like a really nice place...
we were looking at banana beach...thought it might be better to be closer to town for walking trips and closer to eating places...but caribe island doesn't sound like it's too far away...(we're 50 year old smokers too!!...no kids!)

thanks for the great info...

we'd like to find a room with a great view and PRIVATE balcony/verandah...the kind where you don't see other people when you're hanging out...are there any mini-suites like this? or do you have to get one of the juniors? we're hoping to keep rates around $150 or less per night...

we're not party people...but do enjoy meeting people...like the idea of a bit of privacy and a bit of quiet...

any comparison to banana beach?

again...thanks for making our choice a little bit harder! *grin*

#72339 08/21/03 09:12 PM
Ya know there has been plenty of discussion about comparing Banana's to Caribe and I personally don't think the two resorts are in the same league.
Bananas is newer, has a very nice restaurant, and it has two very nice pools. (but they are located inside the resort area so you can't see the sea or reef while at the pool) The beach is pretty small and the lounge chairs fill up that area, (so there are people walkin up close and personal past you all the time) not to mention the sea wall in front as well.
Caribe Island is really spread out. Order a drink or meal and drink/eat it on your balcony, in a hammock, on the dock, at the pool, anywhere, and you are always in plain view of the sea and reef.
I am totally biased because we do like quiet and openness. We have no monetary interest in CI either by the way, although GAWD, I wish we did!
lol about your little grin... ask my husband, he'll tell ya I always make everything harder. wink

#72340 08/21/03 10:53 PM
eek

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#72341 08/21/03 11:38 PM
laugh
Yep that to klc. hehe
Your mind sure does travel...
Or does mine...

#72342 08/21/03 11:57 PM
A major difference is that Bananas is mellow yellow...and Caribe Island is SHOUTING OUT LOUD PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gone fishing!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.