Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
I know some folks have posted some information on this in the past but I thought it is certainly worth a re-post.

We recently got the Jerry Jeff Walker CD Cowboy Boots & Bathing Suits and it is fantastic. I guess it was recorded on AC a few years back - 3/98. Some of the songs almost make you feel like you're back in Belize.

The tiltle song (which will make you cry if you've ever been there) is about leaving - "Packing up the bathing suits and putting on the cowboy boots" - been there done that. "Walking home underneath the stars, hearing voices from the empty bars" - got the t-shirt for that.

Also "COME AWAY TO BELIZE WITH ME" (written by JJW) and "GRINGO IN BELIZE" (written by Dennis Wolf) are both great (He's just another Gringo in Belize). He sings about buying some land and building a condo(CaptJeff is that about you?)& someone stealing his boat and wrecking it on the reef - kinda like the one on the reef right now.

There are some old stand bys like the "Sloop John B", and "Rhythym of the Rain", as well a Fred Neil Medley that will give you goose bumps.

If you have not heard this CD, it is worth the time and money and can be bought on his website for $15.00+$3.00/shipping - you won't be sorry.

http://www.jerryjeff.com/bymail.html

http://www.jerryjeff.com/CB&BS/cowboy%20boots%20songs.htm

ENJOY
The Shark cool

"We're gonna need a bigger boat" - Brody
W
W
OHHHHHH YEAH!!!!! That CD gives me chills every time I hear it, it sure takes me back to the *good* place. We went to AC in May for the first time to see Jim Morris, and he also has a great CD which he wrote partially in Belize, full of Beliken beer references... "Floating Opera", check it out. Shark, have you ever gone to Jerry Jeff's camp? We never have, but have heard GREAT things about it! laugh

Just got the same CD on Monday. Brings tears to my eyes.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
OP Offline
Madam,

We were there in May - for the first time. It was sure windy that week.

We have not been to JJW's Camp Belize, but are looking at going in Jan or Feb 2005 (this year we're going to Coz in Jan and Roatan in May).

Also, the new Jimmy Buffet CD Meet Me in Margaritaville is another great one - with lots of old stuff and some new cuts
(38-songs altogether).
http://mailboatrecords.com/mmim.htm

Bobber,
How many times have you played it since Monday?
I'll bet more than once!

The Shark

Couple dozen. got it goin right now. wink

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
OP Offline
You're a Good Mon, Mon!

Which track is your favorite?
Mine's a toss up between Cowboy Boots & Bathing Suits and Gringo in Belize.

whiskeydrinkinmadam.....What's the name of the Jim Morris CD? I would like to order it. Thanks in advance.

There is only one cure for baldness. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the guillotine.
Oh yea, Mrs. Zeke and I danced to "The moon is over her shoulder" under a full moon at Caribe Island two years ago and we still talk about it. And you guys think the Zekester ain't romantic!;0) I enjoyed it much more than dancing with Choo Choo this year at Caribe! He always wants to lead.

There is only one cure for baldness. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the guillotine.
KC Offline
Love that CD myself.
I put it on, grab a cool drink, close my eyes, and I'm sitting at Fidos...

ahhhhhh.

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Oh you have gone and made me home sick!
Had never heard the Cowboy boots song, it was fun even if it did make me a bit sad.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.